All reviews wake up call mountain view northern lights quiet hotel south coast modern rooms amazing hotel baked beans plane wreck vik area excellent restaurant short drive ring road beautiful location perfect base to explore the hotel offers booked this hotel
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Having discovered, to our chagrin, that the Lambafell Hotel (also known under other names) had double booked our room and was in many ways a scam, we went to The Old Cow Shed, a close-by restaurant, to ask for advice. Though they had no space, they recommended the Umi Hotel, at the end of a long gravel path. What a find! Sophisticated, beautiful, helpful with wonderful food and a delicious breakfast. Great beds, sumptuous pillows - just wonderful. Highly, highly recommended and a cut above many Icelandic hotels.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2018

Friendly staff, beautiful location, comfy rooms and excellent restaurant. As someone else mentioned, my only complaint would be the low water pressure in the shower. I had to postpone washing my hair because of it. Nonetheless, I will still give them 5 stars.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MindyHuskey
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel in an incredible location. Gracious, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Fantastic restaurant. Comfy rooms. I will definitely be staying here again, if/when I return to Iceland. Highly recommend this place.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel could be great, but had one serious downfall. Firstly - the good things: the staff were welcoming, the food in the restaurant was fantastic, the room was modern and comfortable and felt luxurious.

However, the water pressure was TERRIBLE. We were in Iceland for two weeks and stayed at 13 different hotels, and the water pressure at the UMI was a thousand times worse than everywhere else. No idea why. It was barely a dribble. Sadly this takes it down at least one star, and I have toyed with even knocking off two. However, everything else was great so I decided to stick with 4.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hetty125
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Comfortable and clean hotel on the way to Vik. Nice scandinavian design. We were the only people at hotel at the time of check in so a bit surreal experience. Very nice guy at reception who kindly changed our room to one with bath tab and suggested near by restaurant for dinner and arranged breakfast to go for our early morning departure. Room small but clean.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple