“Simple decor, great BBQ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Clay's Popeye's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #149 of 518 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 2 April 2016

A great place for BBQ, especially considering the price. For just a few bucks, you get a pile of meat, bread, a side, and a drink. Great sauces, quick service, and plenty of seats round out the experience. On your first trip, you can easily see how this place earned, and keeps, its reputation as a Springfield staple.

Reviewed 12 January 2016

I've been eating at Popeye's Bar-B-Que since it was originally opened by Benson "Popeye" Jones, and I've never been disappointed!

1  Thank jeanaff
Reviewed 8 December 2015

Showed up at noon was only 2 people in place eating. Got a soda and couldn't drink it tasted bad. To bad it was the best and portion would fill you up not no more. The sauce is good. Won't go back.

1  Thank earl r
Reviewed 5 September 2015

I have lived here all my life and have always heard of Popeyes bbq. Their hours always made it a bit diffucult to catch them open, but finally managed to try it. I was expecting fall off the bone tender ribs and these were not, so I was a bit disappointed. I can say now I've tried them, but probably won't return. Other than that the staff was very nice.

1  Thank KittyandFelix
Reviewed 23 August 2015

My family and I have eaten there so many times. Never had a bad meal. Always good service and friendly folks who work there. The lunch special with beef tips, and pork is my favorite. The sauce is always the same; delicious. The sides, potato salad, slaw, and baked beans, are the best. My favorite is the potato salad because it is not chunky but rather whipped. One of the best of Springfield.