“Repeat Customer” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Mineral Point, WI
“Repeat Customer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

I have stayed at the Springfield IL Micro-tel several times while on business in the area. I have always found the hotel to be clean and comfortable with friendly staff. Wireless internet works well with a nice selection of channels on their flat screen TV.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

This was a conveniently located, clean, and well equipped hotel. My children enjoyed the pool.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Mendon, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

My family booked this hotel for an overnight stay on memorial day weekend. The hotel was clean and quiet. I have no complaints with the room. The only complaint that I have is with the gentleman who checked us in. We were with a group and had booked the rooms together. When we arrived we were the only member of the group that had to stay on another floor. I asked to to have a room with the rest of the group and was refused. The gentleman at the desk said all rooms were pre-assigned and he could not change this. Another member of our group had a room where the air conditioner did not work. They were moved to an adjacent room with the rest of the group. I initially accepted the excuse not to move us, but now I feel that he lied to us.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
arkdale
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

The first night - The name of the hotel "Micro"tel is perfect, because everything at the hotel is small. We had a queen size bed room, and the room was tiny. Never staying in such a tiny room. The pool is so small that don't bother bringing your swim suits unless you have little kids. They should just renovate it into a hot tub. It would be a nice big hot tub. The evening desk clerk was very nice as was the morning one. The morning breakfast was lacking a lot, but it was still free.

The second night - This was on our way back home after vacation. I had forgotten to make a hotel reservation, so I thought I would just go to Microtel again. The desk clerk was awesome. He gave me the one remaining room left for a reduced rate. It was a double queen size room, which is a decent size.

If I am ever in Springfield again, I will probably try another hotel. The Microtel was okay, but I thought it was a little steep in price for what you get.

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Belleville, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

This "hotel" was horrible. They gave us a room that had been vacated 5 minutes earlier and was still dirty. Then they acted like we were inconveniencing them by asking for a clean room. That room wasn't much better. The carpet was dirty, the sheets were dirty, the rooms are small. The window seat was gross. Even after asking for extras towels we never had enough for pool and shower. The toilet overflowed (no fault of ours) and the staff used our shower towels to clean it up and didn't replace them. The pool is so small and shallow. The free breakfast was pitiful. The front desk staff was rude. The walls are very thin. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family