“Open late and surprisingly good”
Review of Matstofan

Matstofan
Ranked #11 of 20 Restaurants in Borgarnes
Cuisines: Philippine
Reviewed 4 September 2017

One of the few restaurants open late and it was walking distance from our guest house, so we ventured in. We were waited on right away and the food was seemingly cooked fresh to order and was quite good. My husband got the chicken soup and was impressed by the quality. My fried noodles with veggies were delicious and the perfect size portion. This is not a fancy place by any means.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We were recommended to go here by a local. Glad we listened. Food was delicious and portions great. Price was also good. Atmosphere was not upscale , but we were there to eat and it served its purpose well. Very clean and homey.
Family friendly

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I´m going to say right off the bat, I loved this place but for specific reasons...it was open late, it had a lot of local color and interesting tourists creating an entertaining scene. A woman does everything from the cooking to the waiting tables, a man in a suit sat at a table with a lamp and phone books on it who must have been a manager or co owner and he ran interference with the locals. This is a mom and pop venture and not full of shine for tourists. My guess is if you go in after 21h, some crazy scene will be afoot. I liked the menu having egg and bacon dishes alongside decent curries.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Went here after reading review here. Other liked their food but my noodles where not fully cooked and tasted very bad.
When I talked to the owner and told them I wasn't ready to pay full price for it they lost it and threatened to call the cops.

1  Thank Ellen R
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Run by a Filipino lady who greeted us, took our order for drinks and food, cooked it for us and served at table. Took multi-tasking to the extreme. The food was good, the service a little slow as one would expect and she certainly deserves support for her venture.