“Local color, open late, decent food.”
Review of Matstofan

Matstofan
Ranked #12 of 20 Restaurants in Borgarnes
Cuisines: Philippine
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I´m going to say right off the bat, I loved this place but for specific reasons...it was open late, it had a lot of local color and interesting tourists creating an entertaining scene. A woman does everything from the cooking to the waiting tables, a man in a suit sat at a table with a lamp and phone books on it who must have been a manager or co owner and he ran interference with the locals. This is a mom and pop venture and not full of shine for tourists. My guess is if you go in after 21h, some crazy scene will be afoot. I liked the menu having egg and bacon dishes alongside decent curries.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Went here after reading review here. Other liked their food but my noodles where not fully cooked and tasted very bad.
When I talked to the owner and told them I wasn't ready to pay full price for it they lost it and threatened to call the cops.

1  Thank Ellen R
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Run by a Filipino lady who greeted us, took our order for drinks and food, cooked it for us and served at table. Took multi-tasking to the extreme. The food was good, the service a little slow as one would expect and she certainly deserves support for her venture.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We stumbled upon Matstofan one evening and ended up eating there because our younger son Mats fell in love with the name! It was one of the best meals we had in Iceland. And Mats has adopted the name of this quaint little restaurant as his youtube channel as a result of such a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

most of the restaurants close around 9pm. this one opens till 12 and serves dinner till 10 pm. we reached at around 11 but the staff was very generous and served us food. food was ok. staff was very helpful with the kids.