“Average hotel”

Aksarben Suites Omaha
Ranked #51 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 9 August 2017

This is the 4th time in three years that we have stayed in this hotel. The first year they were painting the outside of the building. Last year we were here twice. Both times there was signs and pictures in the lobby area of their planned renovations. We had read online early this spring they were closed for renovations and would reopen in May. We stayed in July hoping to see a remodeled hotel. There's nothing different from the first time we stayed. This place badly needs to be updated. The furniture and carpet must be 10 - 15 years old at least. The rooms are spacious and it's nice to have a separate living room/ kitchen from the bedroom. There's a microwave, full size refrigerator, sink and coffee pot in the kitchen. Both rooms have tv's. The bathrooms are small. We didn't have any maid service the second day, not even to leave clean towels or empty the trash. The hot tub wasn't working but the pool was open. The last day we were there the air conditioning wasn't working but they did have someone working on it. All that said the staff has always been friendly. The continental breakfast is ok. Next time we will look for a different hotel and wait until this place truly gets renovated to come back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I am writing as I am sitting in the hotel right now. As this was a little mother and daughter night out, I was upset when we were checking in and the front desk lady was extremely rude. We had checked on quite a few hotels before booking this one. My girls wanted to stay here because the pictures of the pool and the hot tub looked really good. Plus the pictures of the lobby and they liked how the rooms are set up. Our main reason for coming was to relax in the hot tub. So after we got to our rooms which are very big and I have no complaints on the room at all. We decided to go to the pool and hot tub. Well the hot tub was out of order. If we would've known that we wouldn't have picked this place. So we said something to the front desk and they pointed to this little note on the counter that said it was out of order sorry for the inconvenience. The note was tiny. They said it said it at check in so there's nothing they can do. Nice huh? The pool was very cloudy. The little fountain wasn't working which was another seller for us Bc how neat it looked in the pictures. Someone's car almost got broken into in the parking lot. There is a security guard walking the parking lot, however, someone's car window had been broken. The side doors weren't locked like they are supposed to be. Which I believe is unsafe. You have to wear a wristband in the pool. I'm not one to write a bad review ever. But the service from the lady was horrible and how rude they were about the hot tub. However, I believe I did speak to the manager in the elevator for a few seconds and he seemed extremely nice. We stay in a lot of hotels and even though the rooms are spacious I don't see myself recommending it to anyone due to the service of the front desk clerk. And how they didn't seem to care about anyone's concerns

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank baxterd2001
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I bought a voucher for a 1 night stay at an auction. I thought it would be fun for a staycation at Aksarben Village. According to the auction, the hotel was closed for remodeling, reopening 05/01/17. I figured that was a good sign and that we were getting a good deal on a newly remodeled hotel. The only thing that looked like it might have been changed in the last 10-15 years was the kitchenette countertop. The furnishings were old, the carpet was old and so were the wall coverings and curtains. The bathroom was very small with a dirty drop ceiling. The balcony looks cool in the online pictures, but they isn't accessible. One of the elevators was broken during our stay so a lot of time was spent waiting for the one tiny elevator on our side of the hotel. We were on the 2nd floor and would've taken the stairs, but the doors locked. The pool is indoors with a lot of standing water all around it. The hot tub was out of order. The hotel isn't in the Aksarben Village area. It is on the other side of 72nd. So we drove to dinner and the concert in the park. This is a true example of you get what you pay for. In this case what we paid for was a dump.

Stayed: July 2017
2  Thank StacieJ5
Michael K, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Stacie,
I am sorry to hear about your experience. I will follow up on your comments. No we are not in Aksarben Village but we are in the Aksarben area, I am sorry for the confusion. I am hopeful that we can discuss this more and bring your confidence back in our hotel in the future. Please co9ntact me so we can discuss your stay more in full. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We got this hotel for $60 a night on hotwire. I was a little worried after reading some reviews. The rooms are huge, they have a separate living room with door that closes and locks from the bedroom. There are flat screen tvs in both the bedroom and living room. There is a desk, mirror, chair, coffee table and sofa couch in the living room. Sink, microwave, fridge and coffee maker in kitchenette, however no silverware, plates or cups. Furniture is in good shape but not modern. The bedroom is big. There is a balcony but doors do not open out. We checked for bed bugs and didn't find any. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Some minor pen stains on the linen. Bathroom is small, but clean. Towels had some minor stains. There is a blow dryer and soap. Continental Breakfast is included, the only hot items are scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy, NO meat. It was ok. Hot tub was out of order. Pool is indoor and heated, kindy of foggy, enter at your own discretion, we did for a night and it was fine. Overall staff was nice, rooms were huge, beds comfy, breakfast is ok. Its a 3 star hotel so don't expect luxury. For what we paid for, it was a good two night stay, we would be willing to return.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tania P

Tania,
Thanks for your comments. We are working hard to try to make the guest experience a great one. Over time you will see things being made even better. Let me look at the continental breakfast and see if there are some changes that can be made to increase guest satisfaction there. Contact us next time you are in Omaha. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

I don't even know where to begin. The only reason this hotel even gets 2 stars is because the lobby is the only thing nice about this hotel. We get to our room, ac is set on 60, still hot! The refrigerator smelled terrible and was not cold. The room had a bad smell like mildew. The decor is outdated, the carpet, and furniture is outdated. Cobwebs up on the ceiling as well. There is a balcony with sliding glass doors that you can't even open to go out on the balcony. Told the front desk supervisor about the refrigerator, smell, etc, she said she would send the engineer up to the room to have it checked out. Needless to say that the refrigerator is still not working, same smell, and hot. I don't recommend this hotel not unless you are coming here for a few hours.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen K

Karen,
I am sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately this summer we have run into some bad luck with our chiller and repairs have been made. We are in the process of upgrading even more components so that issues do not continue in the future. The problem with the refrigerator is something new and I will have to look into it. I am sorry the engineer did not respond to the call as you requested. I would like to discuss this more. Contact me so we can discuss this more. I hope to earn your trust back in the future.