“Shopping trip with mom”

Sheraton Omaha Hotel
Ranked #27 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 September 2017

My mom and I visited this hotel. The lobby was very nice and clean..The room had nice thick mattresses that were very comfortable. There was a robe in the closet, slippers and a scale in the bathroom. The wood work was dark like cherry/espresso. The tv was a nice flat screen. The shower had a nice rainfall type head. We were on the club floor where breakfast is included with room. The first morning eggs sausage cereal oatmeal, yogurt fruit. Hot coffee, milk. The second morning bagels bread muffins fruit cereal oatmeal eggs potatoes .At if hot there was a two hour appetizer time. They served wine and beer with some small little petite desserts,spicy roast beef sliders shrimp and pineapple kabob. There is alwaysakeurig, pop, chips, fruit, available to get during other hours which is nice. Our room was very clean just few stains on carpet. Ceilings alittle older popcorn looking. They appeared to of updated rooms. They were much better then say super 8 or standard rooms. I contacted manager before arriving voiced dome concerns and said how I wanted this to be nice for my mom she hadn't gotten away for awile. When we arrived there was a nice aroma of chocolate chip cookies in our room. There was a plate of warm cookies with orchards on the plate then two bottles of sparkling mineral water. How nice was that. He told me if I had any concerns or needed anything to let him know. I Appreciated that personal touch.
Con: For me not use to driving bigger town I had a hard time getting to the hotel off the one way road busy traffic. Some cosmetic updates in the club room eating area could be attended to. The food for us was subpar. The young gal attending kitchen first day did not clean up tables when people left or once she did she did not come back to wash table. We ran out of silverware and had to wait awhile to get. There was no bread of any kind for toasting that first morning, hot food cold. No bowls by oatmeal used cup.So food and service could be improved. However the coffee was great and we were able to have done Greek yogurt or snacks whenever we wanted. The second morning there was better attention to food and guest. We visited on a weekday spent two nights paid 104.00 a night. It was a great value for nice looking and clean room. There was computers in club room and I saw smaller kids and family coming from pool laughing and happy.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
sbishop2017, General Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear 471shelly,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Sheraton Omaha Hotel. Our staff truly enjoyed providing service to your group and we appreciate the opportunity to provide a nice quiet getaway that is very much deserved for her. You gave us some awesome feedback during your stay that is crucial for us to improve as a team. We love to use guest feedback as a training tool for our whole team so we greatly appreciate the time you dedicated. We would also love to be your host again in the future when your travels bring you back to the Omaha area.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I really like this place. The rooms are very spacious, the furniture is classic. TV is nice. Rooms have safe deposit box. The interior decoration of rooms is great. Staff is very professional and helping. Plenty of parking. There is Starbucks cafe very close to it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank newyorker7777

Dear newyorker7777,

Thank you for providing feedback to the Sheraton Omaha Hotel. We are always happy to hear that you enjoyed the spacious rooms we have available. Amenities like classic furniture, nice tv's, safe deposit box and ample parking are always available at the Sheraton. Thank you for recognizing our staff for being very professional and helping, they will be very happy to hear your comments. We hope to have the opportunity to be your host again in the future when your travels bring you back to the Omaha area.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We ended up here at the last minute when our hotel was overbooked. It was a clean, peaceful and nicely updated hotel. We would definitely stay here again if we were passing through. The food was mediocre, but more concerned with the sleep and cleanliness.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Melissa V

Dear Melissa V,

Thank you for providing feedback to the Sheraton Omaha Hotel. We were very happy to have the opportunity to be of service to your group. We will be sharing your comments with our staff and we hope to see you again when passing through the Omaha area in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Very disappointed with this hotel. Old, outdated, dirty and dark. Bathroom was tiny, very hard to get in and out of. Grab bar in tub in the way of the shower. Bed was terrible, dipping on both sides of the bed. Air unit very loud. View out room of brick wall, and rat poison station. Coffee maker did not work, and did not have a new one on my second day...after I called to the desk asking for one. Breakfast was cold, and fruit flies were flying around me while I ate. Probably one of the worst Sheratons I have stayed in. Also, the soaps are not Bliss soaps, and smell terrible. Maybe Sheraton changed their soaps? If so, bad idea. Tried to call the desk a couple times about coffee maker, no answer, until the 3rd try. Room Service the same thing. I will attach some pics of the room, and the crusty white stuff in the drawer.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank ClickTheGeek
sbishop2017, General Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear ClickTheGeek,

Thank you for reviewing the Sheraton Omaha Hotel. We were disappointed to hear that our property left a negative impression on your stay. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apology for not meeting your expectations and for the issues you encountered. I would like the opportunity to win back your business when your travels bring you back to the Omaha market so please reach out to me directly. sbishop@sheratonomaha.com

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I've had the pleasure of staying at the Sheraton Omaha on several occasions over the past year and have always had excellent experience. As a Starwood Platinum guest, the hotel and the associates have always been exceedingly professional and friendly and have always made me feel like they would do anything to ensure that my stay was a comfortable and successful one.

The rooms are well maintained and the beds are exceedingly comfortable. I would never hesitate to recommend the Sheraton Omaha and have, in fact, stayed at the Sheraton Omaha even when other hotels would have been closer to meetings, etc. Access to the Sheraton Club Lounge is also a wonderful "extra" for guests opting to stay in a club level room.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family