1,204 results
All reviews old market great location koi fish made to order breakfast the manager's reception self parking durham museum free happy hour walking distance free breakfast cocktail hour excellent stay hot tub great place to stay business trip shuttle service front desk staff
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We came here for a weekend family get away and chose this location because of it's proximity to Old Market and also because we are Hilton Honors members. The hotel was busy and they only had two people working the front counter. We got checked in and found our room, however the key had not been activated so we had to go back down to the front desk. When we finally got in our room we immediately noticed how dated everything was and the room smelled very musty, especially the bedding. We were starved so we decided to hit Old Market for some dinner and shopping. After returning, we were exhausted and ready for bed. Nope. The key didn't work again. Back to the front desk where there was a long line and still only two people working. We finally got to the desk and were told our keys had been "red flagged" because while we were gone they also gave keys to our room to another guest. Thankfully that guest was honest and didn't steal any of our stuff after entering the room! (During this time we also explained that my husband had paid an upgrade charge for an Old Market view, which we did not get, and they told us there was no such thing-even though it's right on the Hilton Honors website). The keys were reactivated and to the hotel's credit they did remove our valet parking charges and reduced our bill by $10 per night. When we got back up to the room- you guessed it-keys still didn't work so back down to the front. This time a manager came up and fixed the problem. After all this we were looking forward to a good night's sleep only to find the mattresses were hard as a rock and a loud vibrating noise was coming from one of the vents.

I've stayed in some bad hotels before, and while this was definitely not the worst, it certainly wasn't worth what we paid. If I could offer some advice to Embassy Suites it would be stop putting all your money into the beautiful lobby areas and invest some of that in updating your rooms. Especially the beds! I don't think we'll be staying here in the future.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Please accept our apology for the disappointment you experienced. We do look forward to a remodel in the near future and your comments will only help us improve. We do hope we can welcome you back in the future so that you can experience a clean, comfortable hotel with all the amenities and hospitality we have to offer!

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Excellent Experience. Rooms are very clean. Service and staff very friendly. Excellent Breakfast, Excellent Location close to everything in downtown Omaha. Great value for your money! Definitely will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel! We are happy you enjoyed the amenities we are proud to offer. Please visit again soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2017

I have stayed at this property many times in the past and this is the first time I left feeling unhappy. There were just too many things that are unsatisfactory to recommend this hotel any longer.
Using the Hilton app, the reservation and check in process were very easy. After that, I can't say many good things about this hotel. I had two rooms reserved so I was able to use the digital key for only one room, it worked perfectly. I had to go to the front desk to get the other room keys and another key for the first room. At no time was I greeted as a HHonors member, receive 2 bottles of water, or treated cordially at all. I tried to chat with the desk agent but she was either not able or willing to carry on any kind of conversation.
Be aware that this hotel does not start serving breakfast until 7:30am on the weekends, so hopefully you aren't an early riser. When they do start serving, I suggest you only use the cook to order option, the other hot food was not hot.
The beds were ok for me but the rest of my group (4 rooms in total) complained that the beds were not comfortable. My granddaughter, who is 18 months, was barefoot for a little while and her feet were dirty after walking on the carpet. I was barefoot shortly but the carpet felt sticky so I kept my shoes on for the rest of the stay.
I arranged for our group to use the shuttle to get to a wedding a few blocks away Friday night. The man I spoke with first tried to correct me that I wasn't attending a wedding but a rehearsal, told me he needed an exact number in our group, then when we were missing a few from the number I had quickly come up with proceeded to loudly say, "so you don't have 12 in your group". That was unpleasant. Fortunately, the drivers were nice enough to transfer less than 12 people.
Wifi is spotty throughout the hotel, it was nice to have but don't expect too much.
For me, there are too many other hotels in the area to give this one a pass because it's location is so convenient.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your honest feedback, Jennifer. We want to extend a sincere apology regarding your stay. It is unfortunate to hear your room did not meet your expectation and our customer service was definitely not up to our normal Embassy Suites standard. We also want to apologize about the food quality you experienced. I can assure you that all departments have been notified. We hope that you will choose to visit us again in the future so that we can have the chance to Make it Right for you.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

I spent 10 nights here for the CWS. It was my best of four Omaha trips due to its great proximity to Old Market and relatively easy walk to the stadium. Rooms are comfortable and quiet. Elevators are fast. All staff was very attentive to our needs. Particular credit to the cheery breakfast cook who "woke me with pleasantries" every morning and the shuttle staff. I canceled my rental car and the shuttle staff efficiently handled all my transportation needs with smiles. The proximity of the lake/park made for great morning walks with the geese. I even made friends with the lady selling CWS gear in the lobby. The only thing missing was a CWS championship. Maybe next time!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

We strive to be the best, and when our guests recognize that, when there are other hotel options, we are elated that we stand out and become your preferred destination in Omaha. We are glad our Team Members could be there to help with all your needs. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed your two room suite and complimentary breakfast/services we offer. We enjoyed having all of you here with us cheering on LSU! You all are such an amazing crowd and people to be around! We hope to see you again next year, if not, sooner! & GEAUX TIGERS!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Hotel was ok, room decor/bed was old, and not very clean. Breakfast was cold, not a lot of choices at the managers reception. Valet staff were awesome, they were a great help after a hail storm. Shuttle drivers were great.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family