“Best Italian food in omaha”
Review of Avoli Osteria

Avoli Osteria
Ranked #40 of 1,378 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

You can taste how fresh the ingredients are in the food prepared at Avoli. The spaghetti carbonara is fantastic, and the bistecca is the closest I've come to tasting a florentine style bistecca a la fiorentina in the states. I also love the drink cart with fantastic after dinner liquor options, great camomile grappa on display. 6 out of 5 stars.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Had dinner with friends and we all had something different and it was all amazing. The octopus appetizer was excellent. My dish , the carbonara, was very good. I usually don't finish my meal but I ate every bite!! Our waiter was excellent, very knowledgeable. I'll be back!

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Had dinner here and it was delicious. Everything was fresh, flavorful. We shared the panzenella salad with fresh ricotta, sovery good. I had the carbonara and it was amazing. Great gem in Dundee!

1  Thank Kathi W
Reviewed 1 July 2016

In northern Italy Osterias typcially serve a very few dishes at good prices. At Avoli the prices are pretty okay and the selection is large. The meatballs were good, but the sauce was a bit dull. The flatbread was excellent. We shared a nocchi and the mista. I've had better nocchi, these are not light and fluffy, the way the best are, but the sauce with pork was good. The mista was good, the sausage and branzino were particully good. The digestivo cart was a nice touch.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

I did not pay the bill, it was a dinner paid for by my bankers but there was not one item on the table (they ordered like 10 entrees and we all shared family style) that was not superbly tasty
We had Bolognese Bianco which I think is one of their more popular, Penne Pomodoro, Grilled Octopus which was maybe the best I have ever eaten, some sliced steak dish and much more

This great little place is in the Dundee district of Omaha, very cool shops and just a neat scene
I am glad someone suggested this place. You should try this place

1  Thank Douglas8098