“Hit with 3 generations”

Okinawa
Ranked #440 of 1,429 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 15 April 2015

We have visited a few times and had great meals every night. Everything we have tried has been very tasty. The calamari appetizer was really good & not the least bit rubbery. My 7 year old grandson ate almost all of it by himself on our first visit so now we order 2 so the grownups can have some! Our last visit was a few months ago because we are snow birds.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We did order Hot and Spicy Shrimp and Mongolian Beef. The dinners are served with no appetizer, soup, or fortune cookie. The portions are average size. There were more red pepper flakes on the Mongolian Beef than the Hot and Spicy Shrimp.

The service was the excellent and the food was average at best. The place was empty at 6 pm on a Saturday night. I was told that the sushi was good. The quality and value of the Chinese portion of the menu need work.

1  Thank kardmania
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We travel a lot, but rarely find any sushi/Chinese/Asian fusion place equal to our nearby favorite, Okinawa Sushi. Rolls are quite creative and inexpensive. We find that we can have appetizers like Crab Rangoon, Nebraska steak roll (some might think the latter is a meal), edamame, soft shell crab, and salmon skin hand rolls. Then we follow with a robust meal like Sashimi. My husband usually orders hot & sour soup and salad (all included) . This may seem ecclectic, but that is why we love it.
We do like the cold sakes - the inexpensive Hoshi is our favorite. I personally like the beer & drink of the day option.
Finally, we find the staff consistently kind and accommodating.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Didn't realize how much I miss Asian cuisine till I traveled to the Mid-West. As a sushi place it is relatively good place with enough options to choose from. Service was excellent, rolls were good, oyako donburi was not what I expected but good in it's own way. The two boba drinks... I think i could do without. A bit waterdown and blan. Recommend giving this place a try.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I don't live in Omaha, and visit for business several times during the year. I reside in the Northeast with access to sushi anytime and anywhere. Great and consistent quality in sushi is very hard to get in restaurants - but look no more in Omaha! Also having tried several sushi places in this city, expensive to not so expensive - Okinawa is the best! Local and comfortable atmosphere with quick but not rushed wait service. Sushi is expensive and it's not a pleasant dining experience when you don't get fresh quality and consistency in dishes. That's all here in this restaurant. Dinner for two with wine/sake - 3-4 rolls and couple appetizers will run about $80-$90.

Try the Nebraska roll - delicious!

1  Thank Visitors4

Been to Okinawa? Share your experiences!