“Kobe Is the best!”

Ranked #31 of 1,426 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: KOBE is Omaha's original and most authentic Japanese Steak House, first opened in 1990. Skilled Teppanyaki chefs will artfully prepare your complete meal at your Hibachi table to your specifications as they entertain with skills and humor. KOBE is a great atmosphere for celebration of all family events such as birthdays and anniversaries with accommodations for parties from 8 to 40KOBE offers a complete Japanese Teppanyaki dining experience. Your Kobe dinner includes our savory Japanese clear soup, crisp house salad with ginger vinaigrette dressing and a succulent shrimp appetizer and each order is prepared at your Teppanyaki table by your own personal chef with an accompaniment of hibachi vegetables, steamed rice, and hot green tea.
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Kobe is a great place for the family to go to dinner. The chefs are very interactive and fun. It can be expensive but totally worth it. The food is amazingly fresh. We can't wait to go back.

Jim H, Owner at Kobe Steakhouse of Japan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you for the great review! Use our monthly coupons to help with the cost of dinner!

Reviewed 9 August 2018

When I found out I had celiac disease three years ago, I was mourning the loss of many restaurants we enjoyed visiting, due to the lack of gluten-free options. I sent an e-mail to Kobe's to see if there was any chance that they had gluten-free items available to me. I was so pleased when I received an e-mail back stating that, anything can be made gluten-free! Every couple months we like to pay a visit to Kobe's and the server and chef do great work keeping the meal gluten-free for me and my daughter (and at no extra charge - which is unheard of!)

Kobe's continues to be one of our top-3 restaurant to visit in the Omaha metro! Thank you for being so accommodating!

Jim H, Owner at Kobe Steakhouse of Japan, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for the kind words! KOBE tries to accommodate most allergies and dietary restrictions and we are glad we could serve you!

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere to bring out of town business colleagues. Food was really good and it was very entertaining!

Jim H, Owner at Kobe Steakhouse of Japan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Thank you for the review! Nice to hear we are pleasing our guests!

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We always enjoy our trip to Kobe Steakhouse, especially the flames and the throwing of the shrimp :) The chef did a great job with the entertainment and keep the kiddos engaged as the waited for the food as it took longer since our grill was not getting hot and had to be reset. The only drawback to this visit was that we felt like the portions were smaller as we always walk it with leftovers for lunch the next day and the only thing we used a box for was rice. Though this was not the best experience we have had at Kobe, I'm sure we will be returning as it is a family favorite for celebrations!

Thank you for the review! I will be evaluating the portion sizes as they have not been changed.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

I have been going to Kobe for 15 plus years. We always go because the food is excellent and we have never had a bad experience while visiting. The whole staff is always top notch. We never have to worry about getting bad service or sub-par food, and that’s why My family and I will continue to visit Kobe Steakhouse in Omaha. They are also very kid friendly.

Thank you so much for your continued patronage and the detailed review! KOBE loves the "regulars"!

Been to Kobe Steakhouse of Japan? Share your experiences!