“over the top”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2018

great food prepared to order as it should be, with service that is as good as it gets. nice atmosphere. my wife and i stopped in just to have a quiet dinner, well that didn't happen as the eating area was jammed tight and very loud. just not as enjoyable as we were hoping for. time to look for a different quiet fine dining restaurant.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Ww go here for our anniversary and whenever we have friends in town. Parking isn't the greatest but wonderful food and I always bring leftovers home.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and wanted to go somewhere nice. We were both impressed with the ambiance and the way they start you off with bread with roasted garlic, olive oil to drizzle, Parmesan, etc.

The bread they served us was flavorless which is fine considering we had garlic and oil to add to it, however it was brick-like in texture.

We wanted to get a nice idea of what they offered so we started out with their sampler appetizers. The fried calamari was decent for Omaha. The ravioli (both beef and cheese) tasted obviously frozen, especially the beef variety. The fried artichoke was the worst of the appetizers. It was soggy on the outside and was a puddle of juice on the inside.

For our meals we decided to do their combos to get some further variety. My combo consisted of room temperature breaded steak that was soggy on the outside and flavorless meat on the inside. My combo also had a sausage with peppers which was the best part of the meal but lacked the quality one should expect at a fine dining establishment. The worst part of my meal was the spaghetti with meat sauce as there was a noticeable tin flavor to the sauce.

My wife had a tin-sauce lasagna, incredibly bland Alfredo, and soggy crusted chicken parm.

We both wanted to like this place so much. I'm mad that this wasn't the authentic high quality food we were expecting.

As somebody that hates Olive Garden I would still recommend them over this place.

I believe the good reviews must come from a place of nostalgia when the place was either better or the patrons were too young to know what good food tasted like.

3  Thank SeanAndKatie
Reviewed 27 December 2017

We hosted a group of about 40 here recently as we had some of our managers in from all over the country. They put us in the party room across the street from the main restaurant. While there are many great restaurants to host an out of town group at in Omaha, few will rival Lo Sole Mio for Italian food. We had the banquet space to ourselves and started with some outstanding appetizers, including fried ravioli and meatballs. We then sat for dinner and ordered from a pre-selected menu. I had the Chicken Parmigiana and it did not disappoint. The staff was wonderful and made sure that we had everything we need to enjoy our company. We would definitely consider using Lo Sole Mio again when hosting groups.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

I have been to this restaurant many times and will continue to go back. I have even been to a few receptions and as always the food and service was outstanding.