“Very comfortable stay.”

Element Omaha Midtown Crossing
Ranked #22 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 September 2017

2 nights in Omaha for soccer tournament, found this hotel very comfortable & well equipped rooms. Free breakfasts are never wonderful but this was better than some I have encountered. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Traveling every week puts me in many hotels. Since I have stayed in many Westin properties, I was surprised by this one. I feels like a college dorm to me. Hallways seem a bit dark, not enough lighting in the room, Cramped furniture and not great furniture at that. And my room was not clean. You could write your name in the dust on the bedside table and desk. There was mold growing in the corners of the shower. This was my first and last time staying at an Element property. I stay at many spin off type hotels from Marriott and Hilton and for them both, their other properties live up to the brand. I did not find that to be true at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Chris P, General Manager at Element Omaha Midtown Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear LakeNoanChic,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. As we pride ourselves on providing a memorable experience, I'm sorry that we fell short of that goal. Cleanliness is absolutely essential to a great experience, so I apologize for the issues that you encountered. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping department to ensure that the matter is addressed. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this matter directly with you if you are available. I can be reached directly at Chris.pogorzelski@elementomaha.com
Thank you again for your thoughts and for being our guest.

Chris Pogorzelski

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for soccer tournament Labor Day weekend. Breakfast staff had difficult time keeping up with hot foods. Didn't like the fact we had to go to front desk for ice as there were no ice machines. Long kind of dark hallways. They allow dogs but shouldn't allow near breakfast area. Tried to sit in overflow breakfast (lobby) area but someone had tied their dog to a chair with a LONG leash while they ate in the breakfast area. There was no where to sit without the dog being able to reach. Very frustrating that a dog could take charge of the whole area Came back one night after being gone all day, had fresh towels and coffee bar was replenished but beds were as we left them. Called front desk and they sent staff upstairs with fresh sheets after I told them I didn't want it fixed I just wanted them to be aware of housekeeping issues. Nice things--grocery store adjacent, free bike rental, nice area being built up with restaurants ( though a bit pricey), kitchen in room , comfy beds Might stay here in future now that I know all about midtown but not necessarily convenient to attractions.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Chris P, General Manager at Element Omaha Midtown Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Rachelle M,

Thank you for staying at the Element Omaha Midtown Crossing and for sharing your experience.

We always aim to provide a pleasant stay worth remembering, I'm sorry that we fell short of that goal. Regarding the dog in Rise, our breakfast area, unless it was a service animal, we should have stepped into the situation and found another area in the lobby where the person with the dog could have enjoyed their breakfast. We have ample space in the lobby where we could have accommodated the person and their dog, so I apologize we did not assist in this situation. I have shared your feedback with our breakfast staff to ensure the matter is handled better in the future, so I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I'm also sorry that your bed wasn't made during your stay. I have informed our Housekeeping team of this as well so that we can address this issue. Thank you again and I hope you consider us again the next time you are in Omaha.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

This is my first stay here and my second time to an Element Hotel anywhere. I know this is one of the older Elements in the country, but it is still relatively well maintained and showing little stress to the building. The areas that I would signal out for improving would be basic building maintenance (I noticed at least one of the elevators had a reasonably dirty floor for most of my stay), lacking above average hospitality and friendliness from staff (housekeepers never greeted me once during my stay, nor did the breakfast attendants and the desk staff seemed uninterested in guest activity near the front of the hotel). I realize the concept for Element is a nice and new building which is modern and user friendly for guests. I get that, but the staff at this hotel seemed like they wished they were somewhere else instead of providing top guest service and a mid sized, limited offering hotel. If they could work on the staff attitude or get some really engaged employees for a future stay, this place would stand out!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Viking94708
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

This was our first trip to Omaha and it was awesome. The hotel was clean, beautiful and had lots of special amenities. Our favorite was the shuttle service and driver Rod. We utilized the shuttle numerous times and he was the absolute sweetest! Gave us recommendations for food and shopping and was willing to help any way he could. Awesome experience.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business