Amato's Cafe
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Has been featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives
Description: Has been featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives
Reviewed 7 August 2016

I've been here twice, both times I've had the ricotta pancakes, once with blueberries. They are worth the return any time I am in Omaha. My kiddos have had the biscuits and gravy, the french toast, and the pancakes, and always enjoy it all. The service has always been just fine, and the atmosphere is cool and casual.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

I drove to Omaha from Tucson, Az & friends drove from Pittsburgh, Pa to attend the 2016 NCAA CWS in Omaha. I was informed by another friend of Amota's as she had watched a TV program on the cafe & thought it would be a good place to have breakfast. My friends & I, 4 of us, arrived at 9:30am on a Saturday morning hungry & tired from long drives. Amoto's reminds me of a small town Main St diner; no frills, just good food & friendly service. Many locals are regular customers. All of us were very satasified with our meals & my Bloody Mary was delicious. Would of had another except I needed to drive still. Staff was friendly & helpful with a to-go oder my other friend requested. Will eat here again when I next visit Omaha in late July.

Reviewed 7 June 2016

We ate here in January. The service was virtually non-existent, the food was over-priced and the Walmart brand coffee (seriously) was bad. We were probably fortunate our server never returned to give us a refill. My breakfast was pretty basic...eggs, pancakes and bacon. I paid over $11 (with nominal tip). I can get the same thing, only better, at Village Inn for $9 and get some fruit on the side.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

We all tried the ricotta pancakes for breakfast....they were delicious! This place isn't much to look at but the food is very good. We had good service too. We would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

There are a few places in the US where breakfast is legendary. Cascone's Grill in KC and Amato's-Omaha come to mind. Do not miss the opportunity to have eggs, Italian steak, potato, and Italian toast with red tomato sauce on the side. Ricotta pancakes also are a sure bet. Good service, good location, and a great breakfast spot.

1  Thank deanhughson

Been to Amato's Cafe? Share your experiences!