“Not worth the hype...”

Cuisines: Italian
Description: Has been featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives
Description: Has been featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives
Reviewed 19 April 2016

After having been on DD &D, we were looking forward to trying Amato's. We were there on a Saturday afternoon, hoping for a nice Italian dinner. We were told they only serve breakfast on Saturday's, so that was our first disappointment. I ordered the Italian omelet, which came with a side of fried potatoes. It was just-so, nothing spectacular by any means. Very pricey for what we had. The person I was with ordered the berry pancakes, and was extremely disappointed, both in flavor and cost. Our server seemed to be very brusk and most definitely not a people-person. We will not be returning.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

From out of town, stayed at local hotel and they told us of this place. Coming back this June and will stop for breakfast again.

1  Thank Tricia V
Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

Breakfast with friends. I had the pancakes which were good.
But I think $8.25 for 2 pancakes with no sides is pricey.
A diner experience smells VERY greasy.
Parking is difficult. .but it also surrounded by other businesses.
I probably won't return due to price & what you do not get.
Friendly efficient waitress.

Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

Food was average, service was average, place is average, but worth a try.

When I walked in @ 6:45 I was told it may be a while we don't have a cook, even through they opened @ 6:30 by 7:15 they hadn't opened the register.

I may have caught them on a bad day or it may be consistent.

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

This little establishment has been reviewed by Guy on 3D! Amatos is a family owned business that served up fresh food that's made to order! The pancakes are huge and portion sizes are generous! The price is pretty average so it's not an eat on the cheap but it is worth the $! If your watching your waistline then I would recommend a simple breakfast like eggs and toast, otherwise I would recommend home style potatoes and ricotta pancakes!

Been to Amato's Cafe? Share your experiences!