“Never a worse experience”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West
Ranked #39 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I was willing to deal with the construction, I was willing to deal with the pounding on the walls for 14+hrs a day, the dust and mess. I was willing to put up with the fact that I didn't get to have breakfast this morning because suddenly they were remodeling the breakfast room as well. But tonight I return to my door being propped open, with a sign on the door to contact the front desk. The door to the hotel room containing all of my personal belongings. I went immediately to the front desk where he attempted to apologize to me that the hotel is apparently closing tomorrow even though I have the room booked for the entire week. But No understanding of why my room is propped open where anyone is able to walk in and grab any of my personal belongings. This is absolutely unacceptable and though I have stayed here for years, I will not be returning again.

Room Tip: I don't recommend that you do.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
CarlsonRezidor, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to bring this concern to our attention. We sincerely apologize for the multiple issues you've encountered during your stay due to the construction. We take all precautions for our guests' comfort and safety, and we apologize that your experience fell short of our standards. This is certainly not the kind of experience we want our valued guests to have. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us in our continuous goal of growing and improving our hotel. We hope to see you again in any of our Country Inns & Suites by Carlson Hotels in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Hotel is under major renovation until October 2017. Pool and exercise room closed. Windows were covered with opaque plastic. Workers banging around at 730am. Frig in the room leaked water during the night. Requested a took away from elevator, stairwell, etc. Put across the hall from a noisy ice machine. Room wasn't quite complete. Come October, it will no longer be a Country In & Suites. We don't plan on returning even though we've stayed at this hotel in the past and were quite satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
CarlsonRezidor, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the multiple issues you've encountered at that time regarding the hotel condition, the amenities of your room and the noise, which made your stay less desirable. Your comments will be shared with the hotel management to ensure a similar incident won't reoccur in the future. We hope for another chance to have you as our guest at any of our Country Inn & Suites hotels.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

not good, my flight was cancelled they charged me for two rooms that I never stayed in. I had to jump threw hoops to get a refund. General Manger never returned my call. One gentleman did work very hard to correct the problem. I travel a lot to this area on business, this was a bad experience.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
CarlsonRezidor, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you for posting a review. We are sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the service you received from our staff at that time. This is not the kind of experience we want our valued guests, like you, to have. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may have the opportunity to provide you with an experience that is truly excellent in all aspects.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

I booked my one-night stay based on online reviews. Imagine my surprise when I pulled up to a hotel covered in Tyvek and scaffolding! They were still open, though, and my 3rd floor room was freshly decorated, comfortable and quiet.

I would give this hotel another chance if I were in Omaha again. The front desk clerk told me that, when all the construction is done, the hotel will be rebranded as a Holiday Inn.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo