All reviews marie claude boutique hotel la maison glass of wine the owner art gallery his wife small pool private terrace dinner reservations own home absolutely nothing interesting items special stay hotel is beautiful top floor breakfasts were wonderful
Reviewed 16 October 2017

This small hotel is amazing! Your hosts Fredrick and Marie-Claude are very gracious and are very accommodating. They gave us such a warm welcome and were always there to offer us a welcome upon our return from our daily adventures. The daily breakfast offering was superb, we were always offered a delicious well prepared meal to start the day. The room was very comfortable and and quiet with all the conveniences one could want. The location is just perfect for exploring the village on foot. The Thursday outdoor market was very large with allot to offer. Try and plan your stay over a Thursday or a weekend to take advantage of the market. The nearby surrounding area also offer allot to see, thanks Fredrick for your suggestions on what to see. The art gallery and shop that are apart of the hotel add to the overall experience of your stay We are starting to plan our next trip to the south of France and we will return here. Well done!

Room Tip: our room was on the top floor, we loved it, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stewartaudia4
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at La Maison as our Provence home for 4 days. It was a little like a fairy tale. The building was just Gorgeous, our room was huge, multi-level and had a private little terrace. The view from our bed room was amazing. Each morning, Frederic and team made each morning special with an gourmet breakfast and great ideas for the day. Each day we left and found ourselves coming back early to explore the island instead. Driving and parking on the island can be tricky, but Frederic made sure it was simple for us. He also went way out of his way to help my crazy sister make sure we got wine and chocolate four our anniversary. We returned home to him carrying up our chilled wine and exquisite chocolates. Pamper yourself...stay at this place and reserve the time to stick around and really enjoy it! (Check out the view from our room. We could practically reach out and touch it)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2017

My wife and I stayed here for one night on the tail end of our honeymoon. Frederic was the most amazing host and runs a fabulous home/shop that seem to blend elegantly into one another! We stayed in a gorgeous room that overlooked the quaint Provencal street where the entrance to the home is. Large room, large bathroom, and every amenity one could need in the South of France (wine cork, bread knife, good book)!

Frederic had amazing recommendation and made a quick reservation for us for dinner. We enjoyed discussing the incredible art work in the hotel/home, particularly the original prints by Hans Silvester (who has stayed and shows his work often at the hotel). I almost left with an original print myself, had I not spent so much on the trip already, I certainly would have!

An amazing breakfast prepared and presented by Frederic in the morning. Eggs to order, wonderful baked goods/hams and cheese/yogurt and fruit. The communal space is massive indoor/outdoor and with only 4 rooms could never feel over-stuffed.

We truly look forward to returning sometime soon for a longer stay and hope to have a Hans Silvester print purchased from Frederic sometime in the near future!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

If you visit Provence, l'isle sur la sorgue is a centrally placed, pretty and vibrant town to base yourself in. If you stay in this town, you must stay with Frederic at La Maison Sur La Sorgue, a beautifully restored mansion right in the middle of town with tasteful and interesting artworks adorning the walls. Frederic and his team were welcoming, friendly, lovely lovely people and the hotel had everything you need. We stayed in the loggia with its own long terrace, we slept with the windows thrown wide open to catch the breeze and the sounds of the town. The breakfast was fantastic and varied, parking easy just next door. We will definitely return when we are back in provence! Thank you la Maison for a memorable and very special stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We had a fabulous visit to this beautiful small hotel. We loved the architecture, our room, the decor and art! Breakfast in the morning in the courtyard was lovely, we enjoyed meeting some of the other guests. What really made our stay special was our host Frederic! From the moment we arrived or should I say me wandering through the street to try and find the place as the car was around the corner and our navigator had said "you have arrived", although we did not immediately see our destination and where not sure if the street was pedestrian only. I walked up to the first gentleman I saw and asked for assistance. To my surprise he said, Mrs Reynolds you are here! He helped us with our parking, brought us out to the courtyard for a nice refreshing glass of wine and some very nice conversation.

My only regret is that we did not get a photo together and we would have liked to stay longer!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple