All reviews the river several buildings french drivers excellent restaurant lavender fields rooms are spacious croissants pools town ducks chasing comfort curtains sunday luberon market
Reviewed 9 July 2017

We enjoyed two very pleasant nights in a downstairs room with sliding door onto a patio and easy access to the closest of the two swimming pools on site.
We also had one night (our first) in rather less pleasing accommodation - upstairs with no balcony, no outlook and two small windows. After complaining that this was not what we’d expected we were shifted, quite graciously, as soon as possible: moral of the tale - be very specific when you book.
Both rooms were modern (though no longer in the first flush of youth), clean and spacious. Our second, downstairs room included a tiny kitchenette (no especially well-equipped) with fridge and a microwave plus a third, single bed.
The beds were to our liking: firm but not hard. Blackout options were good and the property seemed very quiet.
The grounds are pleasant in an understated way, lots of trees (don’t park a dark car under them - pigeon poo) and you could very happily while away an afternoon onsite on a lounger in the sun. Good family friendly property with room for kids to run around in and well-fenced pools.
Didn’t try their breakfasts, but had one evening meal in their restaurant which was fine. The ‘bar’ is really the restaurant, but you can get a cold ale to sip in the sun pretty much any time.
We discovered a boulangerie about 500m up the road back into town which provided the croissants for our last breakfast in our room. There is also a little ‘food shack’ in the camping ground right opposite the entrance which has a nice outdoor area serving a limited range of cocktails, beer and wine plus good burgers, fries and a decent 'dish of the day'. Very helpful for cash-conscious travellers.
Driving through the ‘village’ of L'Isle sur la Sorgue it seemed quite commercial and crowded. But we had an afternoon exploring the backstreets which was well worthwhile, it’s very charming. All in all, a happy stay spent chasing the beautiful Lavender fields and lovely hilltop villages.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank TGB777
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Whether I was very lucky or they liked my face but I was given a family sized room as a single guest. I suppose this largesse has somewhat influenced my review but really I cannot fault the hotel for the location and price. Good beds, nice linen and a well appointed bathroom are all I require and Le Domaine de la Petite Isle provided all of these. There is a certain clinical feeling about the pool and grounds but that is the only thing I could comment negatively on. Didn't go for the breakfast as there is a nice boulangerie in the town. Had a meal at the restaurant which was fine but I recommend trying the establishments in the town. A small word of warning, which I am sure has been mentioned by other reviewers, is that it is quite a hike into town and anyone that is not close to the athletic prowess of Usain Bolt should allow at least 25 minutes keeping up a steady pace. In addition there are sections of the trek without pavements so you find yourself at the mercy of French drivers who seem to consider it a sport to see how close they can drive to you. Part of the charm of the place I say!

Room Tip: I had Room 41 to myself which is a split level room that could sleep up to 5 people.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank lafineart
Reviewed 28 January 2017

We were there one night only.
It was more than adequate, easy to find, lots of parking and very quiet as I don't think there were many people there at all.
I'd only suggest that you not book the breakfast (14E) It wasn't really worth it.
We had to ask for scrambled eggs and bacon. A fight with the orange juicer actually had us in stitches and laughing because it was so goofy. The egg boiler was a challenge that we lost as well. The coffee maker ran out of options before we were finished as well.
There was lots available, it was just not worth it. We should have gone into town, found a cafe and had breakfast there.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

I have spent 2 nights here: rooms are good (large, clean, good bed). The breakfast and lunch are good too. The only improvement could be the meeting room: projector was not great and it was warm & difficult to reduce the temperature

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2016

We stayed here for a wedding in the area. We were impressed with our room. it was bright and clean.
Wifi is terrible but it is in many places in Southern France.
Breakfast is not included which is too bad.
nice pools (2)
The only issues we had to deal with is we needed to extend our visit and we forced to change rooms. This was just bothersome and our next room was not as good as our first.
Needed help with my wedding speech which I was saying in French (I don't speak french) and the young girl at the desk on Saturday September 24th was amazing and took the time to help me.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe room or a renovated room. The main building is old and dark.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family