“Was expecting a great deal but pleasantly surprised.”

Le Domaine De La Petite Isle
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Whether I was very lucky or they liked my face but I was given a family sized room as a single guest. I suppose this largesse has somewhat influenced my review but really I cannot fault the hotel for the location and price. Good beds, nice linen and a well appointed bathroom are all I require and Le Domaine de la Petite Isle provided all of these. There is a certain clinical feeling about the pool and grounds but that is the only thing I could comment negatively on. Didn't go for the breakfast as there is a nice boulangerie in the town. Had a meal at the restaurant which was fine but I recommend trying the establishments in the town. A small word of warning, which I am sure has been mentioned by other reviewers, is that it is quite a hike into town and anyone that is not close to the athletic prowess of Usain Bolt should allow at least 25 minutes keeping up a steady pace. In addition there are sections of the trek without pavements so you find yourself at the mercy of French drivers who seem to consider it a sport to see how close they can drive to you. Part of the charm of the place I say!

Room Tip: I had Room 41 to myself which is a split level room that could sleep up to 5 people.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 January 2017

We were there one night only.
It was more than adequate, easy to find, lots of parking and very quiet as I don't think there were many people there at all.
I'd only suggest that you not book the breakfast (14E) It wasn't really worth it.
We had to ask for scrambled eggs and bacon. A fight with the orange juicer actually had us in stitches and laughing because it was so goofy. The egg boiler was a challenge that we lost as well. The coffee maker ran out of options before we were finished as well.
There was lots available, it was just not worth it. We should have gone into town, found a cafe and had breakfast there.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

I have spent 2 nights here: rooms are good (large, clean, good bed). The breakfast and lunch are good too. The only improvement could be the meeting room: projector was not great and it was warm & difficult to reduce the temperature

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2016

We stayed here for a wedding in the area. We were impressed with our room. it was bright and clean.
Wifi is terrible but it is in many places in Southern France.
Breakfast is not included which is too bad.
nice pools (2)
The only issues we had to deal with is we needed to extend our visit and we forced to change rooms. This was just bothersome and our next room was not as good as our first.
Needed help with my wedding speech which I was saying in French (I don't speak french) and the young girl at the desk on Saturday September 24th was amazing and took the time to help me.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe room or a renovated room. The main building is old and dark.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2016

Easy to find, 15mins walk from ISLS with large private parking.

We stayed for 2 nights in a "superior" double room, which was on the ground floor in between the 2 pools. There was a small covered terrace with a small table/chairs.

The room was very dark and seemed to part of the original hotel (as it felt old and dated) although the room was clean the brown decor and furnishings didn't not help and the covered terrace made it worse.

Sleep quality good and the hotel quiet. Bathroom small and old.
Our room safe was broken and although reported to reception it was never fixed.

The pools were clean and not busy, there were also 2 sun loungers by the river.

Breakfast was ok, decent range of continental items, tea/coffee plus eggs & bacon.

We found the free wi-fi very poor as we could not connect from either of our devices the whole stay.

The walk to town is easy with plenty of restaurants and antique shops, we chose not to eat in the hotel as the dinner menu was very small.

The hotel could be fabulous but needs lighting up, dark dingy bedrooms (even if they are clean) are never what anyone wants.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue hotels
Grand Hotel Henri
Grand Hotel Henri
#2 of 15 in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
1.5 km away
La Maison sur la Sorgue - Esprit de France
La Maison sur la Sorgue - Esprit...
#1 of 15 in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
Hotel Les Nevons
#5 of 15 in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
1.4 km away
Hotel Les Terrasses by David et Louisa
Hotel Les Terrasses by David et ...
#8 of 15 in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
1.6 km away
La Prevote
La Prevote
#6 of 15 in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue

Been to Le Domaine De La Petite Isle? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Le Domaine De La Petite Isle

Address: 871 Route D'Apt RN 100, 84800, L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, France (Formerly BEST WESTERN Le Domaine De La Petite Isle)
Region: France > Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur > Vaucluse > L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
Price Range: €68 - €164 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Le Domaine De La Petite Isle 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Domaine De La Petite Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Le Domaine De La Petite Isle Hotel l`Isle-Sur-La-Sorgue