“(not so) hidden gem”

L'arbre Aux Thes
Price range: US$17 - US$41
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We invite you to have a break in a unique place at Isle sur la Sorgue.Our menu changes every day in the hope to offer you fresh and always renewed homemade delicious dishes full of flavours.
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Just spent two weeks in France - this was one of my favorite meals. I’m pretty surprised by all the reviews because the place was almost empty when we dined here at prime dinner time. I (mistakenly) thought we had discovered a hidden gem.

The food in France was good, but not cheap, so I was very pleased by the value here. This is a casual/homey spot with better than expected food. The owner/chef Eric has lived in the US for a bit. His English is perfect and he took his time describing each dish in great detail. He obviously loves what he does; it was a lot of fun talking to him.

As always the formule or menu is the best bang for the buck, but they also have some a la carte options so everyone in the group can find something. And wine is available by the pichet :)

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We stumbled across this place on our 1st night in France. Service is impeccable, food was amazing. Price was good. I had my favourite recommended wine here. The owners have a passion for what they do and it shows through in everything. We ate at some great restaurants on our stay in France but this was my favourite.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

first night in town. english speaking place. we were whipped. this place and the owner were sooo good. not to be missed.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We found this place while doing what one does in Isle-sur-la-Sourgue - antique shopping. What a pleasure to find a place that offered such a lovely selection of fresh salads. I would definitely dine there again.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Alas we were let down by the trip advisor this time round. 4.5 stars is no where near how I would rate this place.
The food was poor. 4 out of 9 people didn't eat more than half their food and 1 couldn't eat any of it. Having said that they did bring a fresh salad out without the sauce. The children's food came 25 mins after the adults, which is never easy for a family meal. The beer was warm. The service was ok. They only charged €2.5 for a large glass of rose on the up side.