“Excellent food served by very attentive staff”

Le Moulin de L'Isle
Price range: US$14 - US$32
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2015

My wife and I have now had lunch in the restaurant twice and we will certainly be back for more. We had a starter of Salmon Tart that I can only describe as delicious. My main of Guinea Fowler in a cider sauce served on fresh Tagliatelle was superb. My desert of Rum Babar was also delicious. All washed down will some local Rose wine All credit to the new owners Karen and Sylvester.

1  Thank whitefox5649

Reviewed 27 November 2014

The dining room is in an old water mill, with a view of the Sorgue river though the windows on both sides of the room. The menu is creative and everything was excellent (my recommendation is the lamb).

1  Thank Stephan S
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Moulin has a lovely location on the Bassin at the eastern end of the island so has a pleasant outlook and plenty of waterfront tables. The two young ladies who looked after us did so very well. You will come away from dinner though realising that you have not been subjected to any culinary creativity of note. The fixed menu is actually printed within the substance of the full menu so I guess it doesn't change much. We tried the smoked salmon entrée with little cylinders of salmon around mascarpone, dill and some shreds of vegetables - very nice. The duck breast in honey sauce was cooked well and tasty but served only on a little pile of potatoes and baked garlic it looked a bit bare. Beware the 'onglet' steak - this is a cheap cut from the diaphragm of the cow and is very hard to serve tender. We give it a wide berth. The dessert was a special for that day outside the usual culprits of pannacotta, tiramisu and boules of ice-cream. The fruit part of our apple and red fruit crumble was delicious, the ice-cream superb but the actual crumble part was so hard that we were worried about our teeth. Any harder and it would have been called road base! Not a "Wow, when can we go back!" restaurant.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We all really enjoyed our lunch in this beautiful restaurant overlooking the river. We each had the fondue which was amazing. It was the perfect location and meal to celebrate our good friend's birthday.

Thank Robert and Caro... S
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

We went to the beautiful city of l'Isle sur la Sorgue for a day trip. I thought that "Moulin," with its view on the river, should be a good restaurant. Our experience turned out to be a bad one. Two-hours of waiting to have the main dish, an impolite garçon, a very poor cuisine, and all this at a high price!

I would avoid this restaurant.