“Excellent tasting food”

Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

We never didn't go as we thought it was closed but it only opens at 7.30pm. Was a lovely restaurant and so convenient when staying at the hotel Saint Louis. There is a great atmosphere to it and the decor makes it nice and relaxing to have diner. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. We received a free little starter to share. 2 of us had the picatta of chicken with light seasoning and this was succulent even my usually fussy daughter commented on how nice her food was. Would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 11 August 2016

I was staying at the hotel Saint Louis next to the restaurant. I was here for a wedding planning with my clients. We decided to go and have dinner at the restaurant. We decided on taking the menu. It was really good food for a fair price. The staff was very helpful and kind. Compliments to the chef for his creative cooking. We even decided the second evening to go here again and took the daily menu and also that was another hit. Thank you for the nice evening !

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 5 October 2014

Not a promising location - on the Z.A. St. Louis off of a roundabout on the L'Isle-sur-le-Sorgue / Thor road, next to the Hotel St. Louis. In late September it was not busy, mostly patrons from the hotel, I think. Food was very good, as was the service and ambience. Not a huge choice on the menu, but a daily plat du jour. We ate there twice and were not disappointed. Prices reasonable.

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We initially decided to try this restaurant as we were staying in the adjacent hotel and were pleasantly surprised by the service, atmosphere and quality of the food which resulted in a further two visits during our holiday in nearby Carpentras.
Firstly I personally found the quality of the food to be very good indeed and in fact one of the best places I have eaten during many years of visiting the region. I personally chose the mixed grill brochettes of beef, duck and chicken which were so good that I repeated the same order on my next visit followed by the apple crumble desert. On my final visit I tried the duck orange which was very tender with very little fat and followed with the cafe gourmand which is a sample of all the deserts on the menu.
The service and welcome we received from the owners was superb and this remained consistent throughout our visits to the restaurant. On one evening the region was hit with a really bad storm meaning eating outside was impossible which caused some seating issues inside the restaurant when we arrived. I was so impressed when all the staff rallied round to sort out internal seating arrangements for us and other guests whilst also tending to a very busy restaurant. This initially impacted on the service and our initial drink order was not taken for about 25 minutes but we were sympathetic to the situation caused by the weather. On our final visit we were remembered by the owners who thanked us for our patience during the storm on our previous visit (a nice personal touch). All in all a very pleasant experience with superb service and quality food at very reasonable prices and I will not hesitate in dining there again on our next visit to the region.
Not an extensive menu but with sufficient choice to accommodate most people and I suppose the best compliment is evidence of regular returning local customers.

Date of visit: August 2014
1  Thank Dak3931
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Recently, while staying in nearby Le Thor, my friends and I wanted to go out for dinner on the last night of our trip. Restaurant options were rather limited in the immediate area, but proximity, some positive Trip Advisor reviews and the online menu led us to make reservations at Le Grand Jardin. Upon arrival I was a little surprised to find it was attached to a motel and also a little nervous when I realized we were the only diners in the restaurant at 7;30pm (several people arrived soon after we were seated). Also, the outside dining area, one of the attractive features promoted about the restaurant, didn't quite live up to the photos on their website. I settled on the 24 euro fixed price menu and the Fish Soup to start - this was excellent. While tasty, my main course (a dish with prawns) was lukewarm. I understand my dish was the only one of six that was not at the correct temperature, so my plate must have been sitting in the kitchen while the others were being prepared. All in all, it was an okay meal for me.

Date of visit: May 2012