All reviews outback steakhouse front desk room was clean free breakfast not hesitate to stay here again within walking distance check in was easy very nice hotel hotel is centrally located oatmeal sitting area shuttle service pleasant stay airport shuttle the breakfast area blackout curtains stayed one night
Reviewed 13 January 2018

I appreciated the convenient, prompt shuttle and courteous & friendly driver. All staff members were very friendly, polite, helpful and engaging. The pool & hot tub were clean and a welcome reprieve from the 9-degree snow outside; towels were freshly laundered and well-stocked. The main floor lobby areal & elevator floors were definitely well-trodden/kind of grimy, but everyone was tracking in snow/melter from outside. My room was peacefully quiet and clean on the 3rd floor, with a cozy comfortable queen-size bed. Couch and tables showed wear, but were clean. Breakfast had a broad array of selection (I'm an egg & sausage/bacon kind of eater) with hot and cold items--and "to-go" availability if staff is notified beforehand; nice! Serving areas and eating areas were kept tidy and clean. Complementary shampoo/conditioner was decent quality, and the hotel has many other items & snacks available if you've forgotten to pack clippers, razor, etc. I was glad to have the microwave & fridge for my week stay, and also liked the hotel's location for convenience to my work conference & venturing out. I also liked the later check-out time than other hotels I was considering. Hotel is also right next to a movie theater, which provided a convenient serendipitous evening activity.

Room Tip: Quiet 3rd-floor room
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
darnell j, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. It is the hotel's purpose to give our guest the very best that we have in customer service. We do apologize for any inconveniences that occurred while you were here with us. The future will be bringing a new look to the hotel soon, so we will be looking forward to our guest experiencing a much better and up to date Springhill Suites (midtown).
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further concerns regarding your stay or future stays. Thanks for choosing the Springhill Suites Midtown.

Asst.General Manager

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

This is the most unwelcoming hotel I’ve ever stayed in. The floors were grimy in the lobby, elevator, and hallway of the 3rd floor where I stayed. The room was dark, uninviting, and was just super oddly laid out. I was not impressed at all that they gave my room away even though I was clear that I was arriving at 8pm.
Not worth it no matter how cheap they make it.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank TheFordFamily
Darnell J, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

We do appreciate the feed back form your stay. Though we pride ourselves in giving the very best hospitality service here, it would appear that we dropped the ball and didn't meet any of your expectations. I do sincerely apologize for any and all direct issues that you had with your stay. We are under new ownership and will taking on a new look very soon. We do hope that in your future travels that you would choose to stay with us and allow us to demonstrate the hospitality you and your family rightly deserver. If you have any further concerns please contact us here at the hotel.

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 29 October 2017

I typically stay at the SpringHill Suites at University Lake, but they were charging 15$ more for the night I needed, and I figured it'd be a similar experience at their midtown location. And, to be fair, for a one night bed and shower and that's it, it was a good fit, but I would not want to stay here multiple nights.

The sheets were old - one had what looked like mold - and did not look like the stock photos on the website. The room was much smaller, as was the bathroom (toilet and shower are not separated like they are at University Lake. Upon check in, and perhaps because it was an online check in, I barely got a greeting, was given my key card and basically left on my own to find my room. The lobby is much smaller (actually what lobby?! it's the same place as the food court area).

I don't ever use the pool when I travel, but it, too, looked smaller than the University lake location. They had a school group there that night and the community spaces were all so small that it felt like there were hundreds of students when really there were just a few dozen.

The internet connection when they are at 90% full (which is what the lady at the front desk told someone they were on the phone) is non-existent. I could not get on and had to use my phone's wifi.

The rooms tables had stains on them that couldn't be washed off, the sinks all drained painfully slow, but filled up very quickly. The fridge kept things marginally cold (it was a bottle of water). Microwave though was clean. TV was nice and worked well.

Overall I'd not try to save the $$ next time and just stick with what I know works well. University Lake is worth the extra cost.

Room Tip: You may have to park behind the hotel, but the backdoor opens with your key card.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Antonia R
darnell j, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

We do appreciate the feed back regarding our ( Midtown) Springhill Suites. We certainly agree with you that our Springhill Suites University is a beautiful hotel. It has had it's renovations and has much more space then midtown, The Midtown property is currently awaiting it's renovations in the near future. We are very excited about the renovations which would give our guest a better experience.
We would like to extend a sincere apology for the issues you encounter during your stay. We have addressed these issues with the proper departments with hopes this is an isolated occurrence. We also would hope that in your future travels to Anchorage that you would choose to stay with and allow us to show the hospitality that all of our guest desever

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel staff was kind. The room was clean and cozy. The bed was very comfortable & relaxing. There was a football team staying at the same hotel on the same floor & we never heard them. I was happy that the rooms were soundproof. The breakfast was not as good. The eggs were undercook & many of the pastries seemed to not be fully cooked. It was the only issue that we had. I would consider staying there again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
darnell j, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

We here at the Springhill Suite really do appreciate the feedback that you have given. We try our very best to create a home away from home effect for our guest. It seems that we have dropped the ball in the breakfast area for you. We do pride ourselves on delivering a good breakfast for our guest. Please except our apologies and I have shared your comments with the breakfast staff members. We do hope that during your future travels to Anchorage Alaska that you will choose to stay again with us.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Can not speak highly enough of this place.
We had a very early arrival into Anchorage, rocked up to the hotel wanting to store our bags only to be checked into our room at no extra charge. Craig the driver of the courtesy coach dropped us into town, gave us the rundown on the best things to do.
Breakfast was great, they also supplied cockies in the evening and had Chubba chubs instead of mints.
The room was very big and was very clean.
All the staff were very happy and helpful.
They run a free pick up, drop off service.
We highly recommend this place.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 3 October 2017

We do appreciate you taking the time to complete this survey. It is our extreme pleasure here at the Springhill Suites ( Midtown) to try and create for our guest a atmosphere of a home away from home. We look forward in given our guest our very best each day. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will share with our staff the your comments. We hope that during your future travels that you would choose to stay with us again.