“Very good value”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #5 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My daughter, three grandkids and I spent four nights at Homewood Suites. We had a two queen beds with a sofa bed suite. It was perfect for us, everyone had a comfortable bed and two t.v.s were great, the kids could watch what they wanted in the other room. We were on the fouth floor in the corner, very quiet. The kitchen was handy. The complimentary breakfast was the best I've had at a hotel and we were surprised there was also supper Monday through Thursday nights, that was also very good. The kids liked the pool and they have a nice big whirlpool. The only complaint I have is the carpet in the room had a couple of big spots and holes near the bathroom, the windowsills were dirty and the counter in the kitchen was not clean. All in all a great deal for the price (winter rates are reasonable).

Room Tip: Our fourth floor room on the back corner was very quiet and had a good view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank HappyGrandmaAlaska

Reviewed 7 October 2011

What I like is about this place is the location, It is very convenient located near the airport and easy to get to. Plus nice restaurants across the street.

A good size for 2 people, we had a kitchen with a stove and a micro wave, plus a full size refrigator, which was very nice. It's was a good place to stay on our last night in Alaska.
It's not a fancy hotel but it more than served it purpose.

What I didn't like about it was the bathroom it had a funky odor, we should have called the front desk but we were too tired to deal with it, I am sure it would have been taken care of if we had.
All in all we would stay there again because of the convenience,

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank riverwolf
hsanchoragegm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to respond to Trip Advisor about your stay! I am sorry that there was a funky odor, and I will look up your record and have that checked out! I am happy that you enjoyed the kitchen, and we look forward to having you stay with us the next time you travel to Anchorage!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Reviewed 6 October 2011

We were travelling in Alaska during late August/ early September. On of our reservations fell through and I called hhonors to book a room for 2 nights with points. I wanted Hilton Garden Inn but the operator at Hilton honors persuaded me to get a king bed suite in Homewood suites. We were a party of three, the room was exceedingly small, when we opened the sofabed in the living room, our luggage had to be moved to the kitchen. Bathrroom vanity was outside, no privacy for anyone. Breakfast was bad, I heard that the evening meal was better. But when we travel we expect a reasonable breakfast, in the evening we eat out. The room was only good for one person and I wasted my points there. All in all, i wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank sara95

Hello. I am so sorry that you were not happy with your stay in our hotel. We are an all suite hotel, and sometimes, that is not what people want when they reserve their rooms. We are a Hilton hotel, but not the standard room layout. I hope that the next time you travel to the Anchorage area you will give us the opportunity to serve you again, and hopefully, to change your mind about our Homewood Suites by Hilton.

Truly yours,

Reviewed 5 October 2011

I work in Alaska about three times a year and when I'm in Anchorage I always stay at The Homewood Suites. I stay at hotels a lot for my work and I haven't stayed at a better hotel. They go out of their way to make sure your stay is excellent! Jaeline is one of the guest clerks up front and she is super nice. I rent a car when I'm up there but they do have a shuttle to take you most any where.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Melanie N

Dear Homewood Guest,
thank you for taking the time to respond to your stay via Trip Advisor! I appreciate the great comments that you have for our hotel! I will pass on to Jaeline your comments! I agree she is a jewel! We are always happy to have you with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Happy Thanksgiving

Reviewed 3 October 2011

A long overdue review. My husband and I stayed their about 1 month ago (Aug 2011). The staff was lovely and the hotel was comfortable and spacious. The breakfast in the morning was great with friendly servers. We did rent a car but we choose to use the complimentary shuttle going downtown. The shuttle was quick and the drivers were nice!
I just loved the front desk staff -- they gave us restaurant recommendations, driving directions and even slipped a birthday card under our door (we celebrated my husband's birthday and 10 year anniversary). What a great place to stay while you are in Anchorage!

Room Tip: Just be aware they have smoking rooms!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brittney S

Dear 10th Anniversary Guests!
Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor! It is our pleasure to have you stay with us! I appreciate your kind comments and hope that you will spend all of your anniversaries with us!
Happy Thanksgiving!