Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$300
US$301
US$252
US$245
Copper Whale Inn(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$223
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmain buildingclose to the airportstove topclean roomsan early flightshuttle busfloat planecontinental breakfastrental cardecent hotelnice breakfastanchorage airportroom was largeshuttle servicewould stay againlate at nightconvenient location
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Stayed here with my mother and sister in July. The room was a decent size, had a refrigerator and the bathroom was clean. The sheets on my sister's bed had a stain (something brown) on them, so obviously not great in that regard. The breakfast bar in the morning was okay, just average. My mom was told the evening before that there would be some type of hot food (like bacon/eggs) but there wasn't any, so I'm not sure what that was about. As someone with a gluten allergy, there was only one choice for me, canned peaches. I would have appreciated another option, maybe fresh fruit. The shutter to and from the airport was appreciated. The location isn't great but isn't horrible either. It cost us $17 for a cab into town.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Yana P, Public Relations Manager at Puffin Inn of Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, we very much appreciate your feedback! I am sorry you experienced a bed stain, I hope you let front desk know right away, we are very efficient in this sense when something is wrong in the room. Our breakfast is quite basic, we never serve eggs or bacon, so I am sorry if someone from the staff members gave you a wrong information. We are currently looking into the ways to improve our breakfast options, so your feedback is very valuable for us!

We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we are sincerely hoping to see you back!
Thanks again for your great review. Have a wonderful day and Merry Christmas!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2017

I have repeatedly stayed at the Puffin in for the last 8 or so years. There decision to get the new beds was the move that really made the difference for me. Having three distinct price ranges in room offerings also allows me to fit my current budget at the time. Knowing that I will have a comfortable bed in all three sections of the hotel eases my mind. Great Rates also as a preffered customer. The only thing I don't like is that they stop serving breakfast at 9 am. Sometimes I just like to sleep in.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Yana P, Public Relations Manager at Puffin Inn of Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear guest,
We are so grateful for your review, such a wonderful feedback! Thank you very much! We will definitely take into consideration the extension of our breakfast hours.

It's always our pleasure to host you and we look forward to having you back!
Have a nice day!

Reviewed 5 December 2017

I am a loyal customer. The rooms are always clean. Staff is very friendly, free airport shuttle service in a big van. Free WiFi and breakfast. Walking distance to affordable dinning and lake hood. Rates are very reasonable.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Yana P, Public Relations Manager at Puffin Inn of Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

That's such an amazing review, dear guest! Thank you very much. Our team is so happy that you enjoyed your stay and all the service that we offer to our guests. Have a great day and we hope to see you back!

Respectfully,

Reviewed 5 December 2017

The room was nicely clean. Spotless. I like the windows on this place. The 24/7 coffee intrigues me. I love staying caffeinated. The staff was welcoming and alright. The breakfast is nice. I like the waffle maker. Overall, a nice place

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
It was our pleasure to host you! Thank you for such a great review, very much appreciated. We look forward to having you back!

Have a beautiful day!

Best,

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Great value for your travel dollars. Not fancy, but more than adequate for the price. Always clean, comfortable rooms and a great, courteous staff. It is close to the airport and the shuttle runs every 30 minutes and sometimes more to accommodate their guests. They will even take you to a restaurant or shopping and come to pick you up when you're done.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Yana P, Public Relations Manager at Puffin Inn of Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear guest,

It's so delightful to receive reviews like your! Thank you so very much. We are happy you enjoyed our facility and services that we provide, and it was definitely a pleasure to host you. Look forward to having you back!

Have a nice day!