“Not what I expected”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Pike Place Market
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I loved sitting on the milk cans and watching the cheese get made, but I have to say the World's Best Mac & Cheese was overrated. It was a little too heavy for me. The cheese sauce was too thick. I had to give the last part of my container to my husband, who had the Mariachi Mac & Cheese, which was spicy and delicious. We shared a seasoned bread stick and the total cost of our lunch was $14. To be honest with you, I could not wait to get back to our hotel to brush the cheesy feeling off my teeth.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Last week I was in Seattle on business, and was at Pike's to go to Piroshki Piroshki (see my review), but caught a whiff of Beecher's as I walked past. Mmmm.

I went in, browsing, and was offered a taste of their famous Mac 'n Cheese. Well, that was it - hooked in one spoonful! I got a cup of it to go, along with a Grilled Flagship sandwich with fresh tomato. I ran back to my hotel (almost literally) and dug in. So amazingly good. The sandwich is a perfect blend of crunchy and gooey. The Mac? Heavenly. Rich flavor, good spice, and that creamy cheese sauce is amazing.

Definitely one of my new favorite places.

2  Thank kjwzoom
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Opera was finally right about something - this is the best Mac N Cheese ever!!!

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Their mac and cheese is AMAZING!!! I love their flagship cheese also!

1  Thank tropigal8
Reviewed 13 February 2012

It's possible I'm just spoiled by good dairy products, but their product just wasn't worth the price or the trip.

SugarMountainSM, Guest Relations Manager at Beecher's Handmade Cheese, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Hello there,
I'm sorry to hear that you weren't much of a fan of our cheeses, but glad that you enjoyed watching the cheese get made. Would you mind telling me more about your impression of the cheese? Which ones did you try? What do you usually like?
We always love and value getting feedback from everyone that visits our store.

Matt