“After the profit”

Modern Steep
Ranked #106 of 138 Coffee & Tea in Seattle
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Neighbourhood: Broadway / Capitol Hill
Description: We are an urban tea house serving up over 100 organic tea options with a contemporary feel. Light foods and bakery items are available to complement your awesome tea experience.
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I am a student, studying nearly every day, and I don't drink coffee, but I love tea. I live in Capitol Hill and thought I hit the jackpot when I found Remedy Teas. Lots of teas to choose from, good sandwiches and snacks. I thought this place would be my new home for studying.

Until I realized they only allow ONE refill on your pot of tea. They claim it is their policy to preserve the quality of the tea, but after a few visits I realized it's also a money making scheme to get you out and the next customer in. Yes, I admit I am not a purist and don't need new tea leaves every single steep, but I am also a student and don't have money to be constantly buying a new $5 pot of tea. I thought maybe my complaint was unfounded until I realized that nearly everywhere offers free refills on drip coffee.

Sad to say, Remedy Teas seems to have no interest in building relationships with those of us whose wallets are a little tighter.

Too bad.

2  Thank tkfirefly
There are newer reviews for Modern Steep

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 February 2009

Great soup. Buddhist Vegetarian.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 8 September 2008

if you ask, they can mix up a special pregnancy tea.

Reviewed 26 April 2008

Far more tea than one should have to consider. I love it.

Seattle
Reviewed 27 March 2008

LOOOOOOOVE remedy. Great environment, excellent teas. A great place to work or read for a couple hours at a stretch.