“Great food and beer”

Cuisines: German
Neighbourhood: Lake Union
Neighbourhood: Lake Union
Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

They have a really good choice of different beers. The waitresses were really friendly and helped with the menu and the beer. If you like to eat authentic german food you have to visit the Feierabend

1  Thank Sportbackfahrer

Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

As a German, I'm craving German food once and a while, and luckily I found this place while in Seattle. Lots of food and beer to choose from. I sat at the bar and service was good. I also like the decor and atmosphere. I'll return whenever I'm back in town again!

1  Thank Danella23
Reviewed 20 October 2015

In town for a wedding, my two grandsons took the "other" grandfather and me to Feierabend for lunch. Even late in the lunch hour, it was busy and we had a short
wait time for a table. Obviously it's popular. The food was decent and those who
had beer were pleased with the choices they made from a fairly extensive beverage menu. Everyone said their food was good, but since my wife and I lived next door to Germany for 24 years, I tend to be a harsher critic. That said, I ordered their equivalent of Luxembourg's Gromperekichelcher: shallow-fried potato pancakes of grated or ground potato, glued together with flour and egg, and often flavored with grated garlic or onion and seasoning. It was somewhat overdone but certainly edible. Still, it wasn't the same. Anyway, given my history, I can't in any way knock the restaurant as the other three at the table "licked their platters clean". And that says what it should about Feierabend.

2  Thank dysg
Reviewed 1 October 2015

Being a downtown restaurant, you have to expect that this place can get slammed on occasion, especially at happy hour. That being said, the German beer selection is stellar, the wait staff is friendly and the food options are pretty accommodating - I mean, they have a couple vegetarian options - in a German restaurant!

This place is really worth a try if you haven't already. You may make new friends as there are a few family style tables where multiple groups can sit together and clink steins. If that's not your thing, there are smaller booths and table as well. The owner is friendly and the atmosphere is lively and mid-range noise. It is not an "intimate" dining experience, for those who like a quiet night out. Don't let this deter you though. Rub elbows with your neighbor and share in this experience.

Prost!

2  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed 29 September 2015

Sausages, wurst, schnitizel, sauerkraut ( mmm ) and beer...lots, cold and all of it authentic. Very good food and service with a smiling attitude. Off the beaten path in South Lake Union.

2  Thank mattheww765

Been to Feierabend? Share your experiences!