“Can you say COFFEE?!?!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Belltown
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Two words, the most lovely words you'll ever hear. Cafe Vita. I am not sure there's even a word that can perfectly describe how sensational their coffee is. They have their own special blend of Cafe Vita so you cannot get it anywhere else. I cannot comment on their drip coffee, but I did have their chai latte (which was pretty great) and my boyfriend got a vanilla latte, I literally gulped mine down so I could order a vanilla latte for myself. I have daily been craving their coffee. We ordered brunch it was good, but not good enough to make me want to return for brunch. We ordered their special and the egg sandwich. However, we did get some pastries (which were delish) and saw the tantalizing array of selection in their display case. Before a sophisticated day in downtown Seattle, I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend starting it off with a latte and a pastry here. It is the best way to start the day.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Lunch (or any meal) at Macrina is always a treat. We usually get a take-away here, but this time we sat down for lunch since there was a table in this tiny eatery. An assortment of breads with olive oil for dipping started us off. My husband had a sandwich; I had a lunch plate of organic greens, portabella mushroom crostini, and carrot & fennel soup. All were simply divine. Wine is available by the glass, service is attentive but not rushed even though it is always packed. Take away a cookie or pastry for later - you won't be sorry!

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stopped in for juice and a pastry one morning. Food was so delicious!

Reviewed 16 March 2012

The pastries and breads they cook up are amazing. You can also get a bowl of soup and Sunday brunch. Always packed (except maybe at 3:00) with locals and tourists alike.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

we tried cookies and day old muffins, and even the day old stuff was out of this world, wish I could have gone more than once