“Great room and location”
Review of Inn at the WAC

Inn at the WAC
Ranked #66 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Thousand Oaks, California
“Great room and location”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Stayed here on business one night. The building was dated but the amenities were nice. I've stayed at many hotels in Seattle; it was nice to have one with a lap pool. The food in the bar was pretty poor. I will likely go back to the Alexis next time.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
kkozuki, General Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Dear janavratil,

Thank you for your comments about our property, we are glad that you enjoyed our amenities. I'm sorry to hear that our bar food could use improvement. Please contact me at kkozuki@wac.net and let me know how we could do better. Hope to see you again!

Kerry Kozuki

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Pros
- Great bathroom, AMAZING shower that has body spray and removable shower head
- Nicely remodeled room, big TV
- Feels very exclusive
- Very polite staff. Knew me by name and had my reservation ready to go before I even walked up to the counter.
- GREAT location.
- Free 512k/512k WiFi.

Cons
- Rooms are a bit small but to be honest, how much time are you going to spend in the room?
- $33/night parking
- I was charged a $514 hold for a room that was being taken care of, then asked them to remove the hold. They placed another $150 hold on my account and 3 business days later have STILL not removed the $514 hold.
- Room service charged us $7 for coffee, didn't bring it and we never asked for it.
- Elevator noise, you will hear lots of it.

Overall I'm a little miffed about the financial screwup considering it still has yet to be fixed. It was a great stay and I would probably choose them again just because of the great location and the security at the front door.

Room Tip: Make sure you keep your guest pass with you and ready when entering the front door.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ChadMoran
kkozuki, General Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, 7 September 2011
Dear Huntsville Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Inn at the WAC and for your detailed review. I'm glad that you were impressed by our bathrooms, rooms, exclusivity and talented staff. We appreciate the detail and will share your feedback with our team.

I am sorry to learn that we over-authorized your credit card. In this instance, we show that your card was not charged this amount but was authorized for that amount. We have addressed this issue with our staff. If this was a debit card, this would have placed a hold on your bank funds. It is normally advisable to use credit cards only for hotel check-ins if possible. In checking with our staff, it appears that this and the room service charge have been taken care of. If this is not the case, please contact me at kkozuki@wac.net.

We hope to see you again soon. Again, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Port Townsend, Washington
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We held my daughter's wedding at the WAC and had a perfect experience. The staff was kind and gracious with attention to every detail. The Crystal Ballroom was just the right level of glamorous. Most of the family stayed at the Inn and it was a joy to be there together. The food was excellent and they even provided the cake. It was so easy and we got to put our attention on being together. I am so grateful that nothing marred this very happy occasion. Indeed, I never wanted to leave.

Room Tip: We had 7 rooms - all very nice but 1809 was my favorite. Fantastic water and city view, perfect for...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
kkozuki, General Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
Dear Kim98368,

Thanks for your kind comments. We are thrilled that your family chose the WAC and that we were able to play a supporting role in making your daughter's wedding an unforgettable experience. I will be sure to acknowledge our outstanding team for you. We appreciate being part of your experience, and thank you for choosing us.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 August 2011

At the desk at check-in,m I mentioned my birthday to my husband. When we returned to our room later in the day, we were surprised and delighted to find a marvelous birthday cake and sparkling water awaiting us. We know that the two gentlemen at the desk, Kamil Turczanski, and Derek Layton were really alert and on the job. The whole stay was wonderful.
Lori McKinley

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Lori M,

We were excited to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we surprised and delighted you! Thanks for your acknowledgement. We try to go out of our way to make each guest's experience unique and memorable. I will be certain to share your kind comments with Kamil and Derek. I hope we will see you again soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2011

A last minute business trip and with the "usual" hotel all booked up, I ended up here and was pleasantly surprised.

My room faced the water, so I had a great view and it was quiet. It also had a great bathroom with a deep tub. Ran out to LUSH and got some bath bombs :)

The hotel is walking distance to all the shopping you need as well as to Pike Place. The MOD pizza place across the street is very good...try the knot..a sweet treat with cinnamon.... yummy.

While I did not use the facilities, my coworker did and said the gym was fabulous.

I will definitely stay here again. (My only complaint is that the room service is very limited).

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
kkozuki, General Manager at Inn at the WAC, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
Dear fstrdr,

I'm glad that you chose to stay with us and hope that we can become your 'usual' hotel! We're happy to hear that you loved the bathrooms and the facilities here. As we are a smaller hotel (109 rooms), we don't offer 24 hour room service but it is available until 9PM. We will roll out the welcome mat for your next stay with us, which I hope will be soon.