“Unassuming exterior, excellent wood interior”

Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel
Ranked #30 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 29 May 2017

I had an excellent stay here. Excellent motel and service. The excellent service started before I got here when the morons at Hertz on 8th couldn't be bothered to get me a taxi so I had to call the hotel for one and they sent me one. It is close to the Amtrak Station (taxi cost me $5 including tip) which is why I booked this hotel (yes I could have gotten a cheaper one somewhere else but this one caught my attention). I really like the wood interior (look at the stair case). The motel looks like a very fancy hotel on the inside. My room had a mini balcony. The curtains act as sound proofing. There is an elevator. Free breakfast included.

Room Tip: I asked for and got a street view room (I need the traffic noise). Use the curtains to block the sou...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Rylie S, Manager at Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words! We were happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We believe it's the little things that help a property go from excellent to exceptional and we try daily to think of unique ways to show you we truly care. All of our wood is the original wood and staircase from 103 years ago when our property was built. We get many compliments about our historic interior and hope to see you again on your next visit to town.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel

Reviewed 23 May 2017

This hotel is very convenient (1-2 blocks) to the Seattle ferries so it is great to use as a base for exploring the area. It was clean and comfortable, but the room was a little small and oddly arranged (The closet was far back in a corer behind the bathroom.) All staff were very friendly and the free breakfast was nicely done.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your review. Due to our historic feel, each room has a different layout and set up giving each stay a unique feel. We appreciate your kind words as many also enjoy our convenience to all the transportation and famous tourist spots. We certainly hope we get to serve you again in the near future. It was truly a pleasure.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

great hotel in Pioneer square. had a great time in Seattle. Would stay here again. Parking and staff was excellent. I would definately stay here again in the future. great breakfast too. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Rylie S, Manager at Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property with a 5-star rating! We work hard to bring you a truly exceptional experience at an unbeatable downtown rate and we were so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Seattle. Many enjoy how close we are to all the major tourist attractions including transportation to and from the downtown area such as the Link Rail from the airport and the King Street Amtrak station. We hope that you'll be back again soon to see us. It was truly a pleasure serving you.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Within walking distance of the train station and stadiums. Looks to be pretty close to cruise ship docks also. I loved the building. It has the old charm that Seattle is famous for. The room was large and very clean. The bed was very comfortable. Even though our view out the window was of the brick wall of the next building, again the charm of the workmanship of the brick work and design made it really interesting to look at. The staff was really friendly and helpful for getting around. Sorry that I didn't pay more attention to names to make a personal thank you. Had a very good selection of cereals and yogurts for breakfast. I would definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Rylie S, Manager at Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. We strive to offer an exceptional experience at an unbeatable downtown rate. We were all delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that your travels bring you back to the area again soon! It was truly a pleasure serving you.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Dated decor in bathroom with fracked grout and tiles. Add the lingering smell of urine and it is not what I expected from a hotel in this price range. So don't be fooled. The money is for the location downtown.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Rylie S, Manager at Best Western Plus Pioneer Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your honestly and take every complaint we have here very seriously. Since your complaint is extremely out of the ordinary for our property, I am very interested in making this up to you. If you could reach out to me at the property, we promise to make this right with you.

Warm regards,