“We ended up liking this place the best for breakfast!”
Review of The Crumpet Shop

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We were in town for a cruise and then a week at the Thompson Hotel. This place was just as good the third time as the first. It is so nice to find this level of consistency!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed 4 November 2018

Really enjoyed the egg & cheese crumpet and a maple crème crumpet. Great service In a small, cute shop with great service. Opposite of fast food so it may take a little longer. Pick up a 4 pack to go too!

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Tried both a savory and sweet option after the morning rush hour. Love this place. I make it a point to stop in every time I’m in town.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 27 October 2018

While this is definitely one of my favorite spots in downtown Seattle to grab breakfast
or a cup of tea, if you are not cautious about what you order your potentially amazing experience could turn into an underwhelming one. This shop offers a very diverse menu, so if you are unsure about what you are ordering, ask the server to give you as many details as possible. On my first visit, I asked the server for her personal recommendation and she offered two items - the maple butter (condensed maple syrup) crumpet with cream cheese or the lemon curd crumpet w/ fresh ricotta and I can tell you from personal experience that these two dishes while sweet are night and day. From that point on I knew that best way to have a great experience was to #1 ask as many questions about the menu when I am unsure and #2 use my hands and not the silverware went eating a crumpet. I particularly want to emphasize #2 (use your hands and not silverware) because given how a crumpet is made you will spend forever trying to cut it with a knife - just go old school and eat it with your hands like a sandwich.

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

I got the Vermont crumpet with Maple syrup on, which was ok. The crumpet was soft in the middle and rock hard on the bottom and the maple syrup on top was a bit much. Not sure if that's how it's meant to be but in England they're a bit softer (I'm no crumpet expert by the way , it's just how I prefer them)