“Good Food, Good Service ”
Review of Pancake Chef

Pancake Chef
Ranked #277 of 4,597 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Pretty non-descript place frequented mainly by locals so you know its gotta be good. Nothing fancy, but the breakfast is good and they serve it all day. Wife had the corned beef hash and loved it. Potato pancakes for me... perfect! This looks like it will be my go to breakfast place when passing through Seatac.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

We had breakfast on a Monday morning here. The decor seems original from the day it opened but everything is clean and in great shape. Our server was friendly and efficient. The meal portions were enormous and the food was very good.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Open from 6am to 3pm, the food is good, and, as the name says, a few different kinds of pancakes, if that's your thing. The daily special offering didn't change when I ate there.
There are also some "blue plate" specials listed on the menu, but I didn't eat anything but breakfast. Seems like they'd be okay though.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Went here for breakfast with my daughter. It had been a few years since we had been. This old classic is always good we had great service and very good food both of our meals were yummy and cooked perfectly I loved the omelette and hash browns surprisingly enough the buttermilk pancakes were not the best. Still great place for breakfast and I'm always happy.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

Breakfast is a hard row to hoe in the restaurant trade. Especially a breakfast place near a major international airport such as Sea Tac in Seattle, WA. People are wary of a non-franchise restaurant because such places might not have the culinary standards the chains that they're familiar with do.
The restaurants closest to the airport get a huge turnover in customers, ones that go there once and may never return.
In the case of The Pancake Chef, the customers were locals. Eating where the locals eat is usually a very good indication of good food and good value.

The Pancake Chef is larger than it's street appearance, that serves more than just pancakes, and whether or not you are getting on a plane, this is where you need to get breakfast. When my husband said yes to "coffee?" a hot potful of it was immediately placed on our table.
I ordered my typical eggs over easy, hash browns, bacon and wheat toast. My husband ordered the pancakes. Our meals arrived very promptly despite the many other customers. It was literally more than I could eat. Four large rashers of bacon, a LOT of hash browns, perfectly cooked eggs. I must mention their 'Fresh Squeezed Juice". Yes. They have a juicer and fresh fruit, so you can't get it fresher than that!!

The Pancake Chef is an older restaurant, but is clean, clean, clean. The bathrooms, especially, were spotless. Their menu cover is retro, with a caricature of a chef from the time they opened in 1951!
It's a bit hard to get to in that it's atop a small hill. Parking is ample but it's not immediately obvious how to enter the lot. Turn onto the side road and make an immediate left turn into the lot..
The service was cheerful, prompt and friendly. The cooks were on the ball, with everything coming in perfectly. Portions were more than ample and prices very reasonable.
When I fly, I do so out of Sea Tac. Now I know where to get breakfast before getting on the plane.