“Best hot tortillas ever! And the rest is good, too!”

Luisa's Mexican Grill
Ranked #1,266 of 4,415 Restaurants in Seattle
Reviewed 24 November 2017

My family and I have been going to this restaurant for 16 years. When you walk in for dinner, a woman is usually making fresh tortillas and will give you one with butter or salsa. (Tips are nice). The staff will immediately bring out the never ending chips and red and green salsas (The green is my fav) I went for my 60th bday earlier this year with my husband and daughter and got serenaded with "Happy Birthday" in Spanish by the waiters who also brought a free deep fried ice cream. I went in recently with my 'girls' for dinner after getting our nails done at the shop right behind, and though the girls, who were very hesitant (neither into Mexican food), they went along with it since it was close. Well, one of the woman now orders from work and picks up on the way home. She has NEVER like Mexican food until now (and she's ...um...50 something...) It's a great family place or would be good for a casual date night. Margaritas are great, by the way.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We go to Luisa's about once a month and always enjoy the food as well as the service. it's our go-to Mexican restaurant.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

For whatever reason, my regular lunch crowd decided to try a different Mexican place for lunch last week and settled on Luisa's Mexican Grill.

Luisa's is easy to find on Holman Rd with plenty of parking and we were seated immediately. The seating at our booth was a bit tight for four adults.

The service was good but the food just ok and the prices reasonable.

We agreed that, while ok, Luisa's wouldn't replace any of our regular lunch places.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

Friends invited me as a guest for a birthday celebration at Luisa's, a favorite restaurant of theirs. Upon entry, what a surprise to see the attractive Mexican atmosphere along with a fresh taco appetizer offered with butter or salsa. Next, the lovely fountain and brick Roman arches. Service was pleasant and relatively quick. My four chicken quesadillas were delicious. What was over-the-top was staff singing Happy Birthday in Spanish delivered with a huge, four-scoop chocolate sundae topped by a bright candle along with six yummy churros, those cinnamon doughnut sticks alternating with large whipped cream dollops. Luisa's is special!

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

All we had was really well tasting.
I recommend the Chimichanga as main course.
But the servings were too big. I mean it's shame to throw food away. If you take it home you just end up throwing it anyways. Let's think about the environment.
When the food is covered with sauce it gets soggy and cold in the end. We did some sharing but ended up being so full - all of us. So if you are five like we were - get two main courses and share. The margaritas were really god. And don't take the small tortilla that you are offered when you come in. It fills you up and make you thirsty. My review is 3,5 not an actual 3. The service was ok - not on the genuine and warm side - more efficient and fast.