Ballard Inn
  • Breakfast included
Sunhill Motel(Seattle)
Crown Inn(Seattle)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshared bathroomfarmers marketprivate batholympic athletic clubgreat neighborhoodshower roomear plugs were providedrooms sharestyle roomcoffee stationfloor spacefluffy towelshotel providedhistoric buildingbars and restaurantsthe ground floorplace to sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 January 2018

I visit my 92 year old Mom for 3 to 4 days at a time and I use the Ballard Inn for my home base. This hotel gives you that European flavor with the right price, a comfortable bed, the black & white provincial decorations and the shared or not shared bath option. The white robe, the fluffy towels and the soft sheets make this my favorite option and Ballard is a wonderful location for local bars & restaurants. I am also adventurous and I just go around the corner and catch the bus to downtown for a night out. A bonus is the availability of the Olympic Athletic Club for a workout! I stay here about 4 times a year and the staff greets me like family-it is a very special hotel!

Room Tip: The second floor is the quiet choice and the rooms are more spacious with more sitting area.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Most rooms have a shared bath but don't let that put you off. The rooms are very nice and the entire building is very, very clean. There is always coffee and fresh fruit, off street parking is available. Loved our stay.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Stayed for two nights. I didn't mind the shared bath. Sort of a European feel. Right in the heart of restaurant, bar and shopping area. Great restaurant choices and grabbing a late night cocktail is an absolute must. Nice whisky bars with an amazing selection of craft cocktails. Close enough to downtown Seattle, but you don't even need to go there because Ballard has everything,

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Lovely little Inn with a great location in the heart of Ballard. Due to the trip being last minute I had a room with no bathroom so used the shared facilities. There were no issue with these, they were cleaned after pretty much every use and so it felt like my own bathroom anyway. Beds were really comfortable and the room had everything I needed. Tea and coffee are provided on the landing in the morning with apples, there is no breakfast so when booking take this into consideration. There are lots of places a short distance away to get something to eat.
Being someone who lived in London I cope with noise really well so slept through the night, the hotel do provide earplugs though.
A great perk as mentioned by some of the others is the link with the athletic club next door. I sadly ended up not being able to use it (a mix of jet lag and working all day everyday!)
All in all a great stay and I'd definitely be back as loved this area!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2017

This is a small comfortable inn in the heart of Ballard. The room I booked had its own bathroom and was worth the extra not to share bathroom facilities. The room was large and comfortable with a French influence decor, the linen was of very good quality. The only draw back was the noise at night, being on street level it was very noisy, to be expected in the centre I suppose, they do supply earplugs in the room for this reason. It's very well located with good bus routes into Seattle centre and has a good selection of eateries very close by.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends