“Great value and friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown
Ranked #70 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Elverum, Norway
“Great value and friendly staff”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I chose this hotel because it was in my price range. I spent two nights here by myself, as I was just taking a few days off before going further north. Upon arrival I needed to book an extra night (I also had to check in very late), which was no problem and cost me less than expected. Since I had never been to Seattle before, I also asked the staff for advice on several occasions. Every time I talked to them or needed something, the staff was very friendly and helpful, probably better than at any other hotel in this price range I have ever stayed at. The only problem I found was that there's a bit of air traffic noise, but it didn't bother me too much. The room wasn't the most modern room, but the friendly staff, good location (walking distance to everything you need) and cleanliness of the room made it very worth staying there, considering it's relatively inexpensive.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
BrandiRutherford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Seattle. We are happy that we were able to accommodate your additional night of stay. We love to hear how our guests enjoy being so close to attractions that they are able to walk and enjoy downtown Seattle.

I am happy to hear that the front desk was able to answer all your questions to help you enjoy your stay in Seattle.

Once again, thank you again for taking the time to complete a review for Trip Advisor and staying with us. We appreciate your business.

Best Regards,
Brandi Rutherford

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2012

With an "fresh look" of this hotel chain and "newly renovated rooms", Holiday Inn Seattle did not WOW me at all with my first night of stay here. In fact it didn't even meet my basic needs. Here I am at 5:30am in the morning writing my review. Choppers are flying above the city (traffic report?) and big ventilation fans outside the building are up and running. Ok, I know, I'm in Seattle. But what didn't keep me asleep was the poor quality, horribly cheap beds. I just don't understand why hotels spend big money on granite counter tops and new carpet and latest TV sets, provide different types of pillows to choose from, but would not spend top dollars on updating the most important piece of furniture in their business, THE BEDS!!!!???? Have the hotel managers ever try to spend a few nights in their own hotels to find out how good the product really is? Or simply just send 2 managers up to the rooms, lie down IN THE SAME BED and turn aroud many times as you would if you were asleep. Did the bed move and shake? Did the bed give your back a full support? With my stay here, both of these essential conditions fail. Come on! You are in the business of providing a well rested night! Being successful is not just about a fully booked hotel. You are not anything near successful if your customer like me can not get any sleep because you have cheaped out on your beds!! I have stayed in a Motel 6 for 53 dollars a night in Everett and I woke up happy and smiling. What does that tell you? DON'T CHEAP OUT ON YOU BEDS!! That should be the FIRST item on your renovation list!!

Other points noted on this trip: The noise from outside is definitely noticeble. The floors are not sound proof, it sounds like a hollow wooden structure. We could clearly hear people walking above us. No thermostat/temperature control in the room. There is an old style air condition unit under the window which we didn't use this time. (might be noisy when it's on)

I gave 2 stars for the "renovation", but I would easily give no stars consider the quality of the beds. Will not return. I'd go back to Silver Cloud next time.

Room Tip: Room 508 is not a good room consider the ventilation noise from outside my window ( cheap single pan...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Creekside
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Creekside,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We’re sorry you received accommodations that were less than satisfactory. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care
tedb
Reviewed 14 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a four night stay. Nice central location a short walk from Seattle Center and downtown. Bus stop is right outside the hotel and can take you almost anywhere you want to go cheaply and easily. Room was very clean and well equipped and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Would not hesitate to stay here again when in the Seattle area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
BrandiRutherford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete the review on TripAdvisor. We apprecaite your feedback .

We are so happy to hear that you enjoy being so close to the local attractions and getting around using our public transportation in Seattle.

We love to hear that you enjoyed your room and help from the hotel staff.

The Holiday Inn Seattle appreciates your business.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This hotel is very close to Seattle Center, which includes the Experience Music Project and the Space Needle. The rooms were very clean and appeared to have been recently renovated. The attached restaurant is only so-so but the staff, as well as the front desk staff, were all very friendly. In all I would recommend this hotel and will likely stay here in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
BrandiRutherford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Seattle City Center. We appreciate you staying with us during your stay to Seattle. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and hotel. We love our new look in our guest rooms and public space areas. I am also so happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff at the Holiday Inn Seattle City Center and Emerald Grill.

Thank you again for staying with us, we appreciate your business.

London
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Have stayed at this hotel a couple of times now on business. Everything you would expect from a Holiday Inn. About 15 walk to central downtown Seattle by foot and 5 - 10 min walk to the Space Needle. The restaurant attached to the hotel is at best average for dinner.

Plus points are big rooms, very friendly staff and free fast wifi.

Negatives - short walk to down (not really an issue for me) and restaurant.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Barry H
BrandiRutherford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review on TripAdvisor regarding your last stay at the Holiday Inn Seattle City Center. We are happy to hear that you enjoy our hotel staff and Wifi in the rooms.

I would love if you could contact me directly to speak regarding your comments regarding our restaurant . We appreciate all feedback that guests can give us to make our hotel location better.

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.