All reviews pioneer square courtyard marriott alaska building typical courtyard light rail century link stadium homeless people smith tower office building pike place market amtrak station front desk staff corner room safeco field within walking distance across the street street noise
Reviewed 2 October 2018

great location, close to Pike Place and all the neat stuff on the water, went to Elliots to eat lunch and had drinks, for dinner that night we went to Metropolitan which was upscale and very tasty and will go back

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
David K, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the location worked out for you. The Metropolitan Grill is one of my favorite restaurants in Seattle too!
We hope you come back and visit Seattle again soon!

Reviewed 20 September 2018

This bistro is located on the ground floor on the corner at 612 2nd Ave. The breakfast menu is from 7 am to 11 am and they offer a Kids breakfast menu. The dinner menu is from 5 pm to 10 pm. They offer appetizers, soups, salads, sandwiches and full entrees. Happy Hour is from 4 pm to 6 pm.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. I hope you enjoyed the Bistro. Our new menu has been getting a lot of great compliments.
I hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 20 September 2018

This hotel is close to everything and easy to reach. We took an Uber from SeaTac and it wasn't too expensive. It is close to Pike Place Market, the waterfront eating establishments, the ferries, and pretty much anything you could want to do in downtown Seattle. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. My only objection: the blasted bed came from the Seattle Brickworks. I've slept on rocks that were softer. But it was otherwise a good stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the location was convenient for you. Another great option to get from the airport to the hotel is the Link Light Rail. The Pioneer Square station is one easy block away from the hotel.
I am sorry the bed was too hard for you. We are starting a complete renovation next month and all of the mattresses and box springs will be new. You must come visit again!

Reviewed 16 September 2018

My husband and I chose this hotel for its location close to the WaMu Theater where we attended a concert. It was a nice easy walk there and back saving us a lot of headaches trying to drive and park in the downtown area. As mentioned before in previous reviews it is valet only parking for an additional $47 a night. Because everywhere downtown is extremely expensive for parking (when you can even get it), this didn't bother me too much. There is a self park lot a block away for $27 for 12-24 hours if you prefer to save a little money.

The staff was helpful and we had to ask them to get something from our car that we forgot and he also got us plates and silverware (there aren't any in the room) for us, which we really appreciates. I believe the guys name was Miguel.

The evevators weren't working when we got back to the hotel around 10:30p after our concert, which was quite a bit of a frustration, as we had just walked a mile after standing for four hours so looking forward to just getting to our room and in bed. They allowed us to use the service elevator, which I guess was fine, but still a lot of walking so we probably could have just taken the stairs quicker. Another couple we saw walked the 11 flights of stairs to their room! In the morning you could use the elevator from the lobby, but not from our floor and the key card security wasn't working...seemed a little disconcerting safetlywise and I was glad we only stayed the one night.

The heat in our room shut off around 9am, making it REALLY cold. We were able to get it back on. The hot water in the shower was tempermental too and was difficult to keep at a consistent temperature and even at the highest, it was a bit chilly. This was disappointing to me since I was really looking forward to a nice long shower to warm up in the morning. The water also "sputtered," which was a bit annoying and not relaxing at all. They use full sized shampoo, conditioner, and body wash bottles, which is great and eco-friendly. However, the conditioner in our room was pretty much empty.

Again the location is great and we walked to Pike Place Market Sunday morning easily and checkout isn't until 12p so we had plenty of time to explore before needing to get out of our room and head home. The valet service though costly, works really smoothly and the staff were all friendly.

There is a mini fridge in the room (it wasn't super cold, but worked for the few things we had), but there aren't microwaves (I assume due to old wiring in the historic building???). I knew this ahead though since I read the webpage. There is coffee and a coffee maker in the room if you like that.

All in all a great location, but for $260+ a night, I'd prefer a few less "quirks."

Date of stay: September 2018
David K, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. I assure this is not our normal standard of service. We have indeed had an issue with our elevators. We are in the process of replacing the main circuit board which controls the functioning of the elevators. This, unfortunately, is not as simple a process as you imagine. I have forwarded your comments regarding the heat, hot water and conditioner to our Maintenance Chief and Housekeeping Manager for their follow-up.
I am happy to hear the staff took good care of you and the location met your needs. I do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Older building, some charm but not when the elevators break and the keys don’t work. Lobby is small, rooms are nice but we had the blackout curtain rod break too. Expensive. Bistro breakfast was excellent and friendly service.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We are always interested in our guest's experience. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. We have had an issue with the main control board on the elevators going out. We are currently in the process of getting this replaced. Unfortunately it is not a simple process. I will certainly make our maintenance department aware of the drapery rod issue in your room.
Again, please accept my apologies. We do value your loyalty to Marriott and hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.