“You'll want to return again within hours!”

Toulouse Petit Kitchen & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Toulouse Petit Kitchen & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 4,299 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Magnolia / Queen Anne
Cross street: Queen Anne Ave & Mercer
Description: Centered around the cuisine, decor and imagery of the French Quarter and New Orleans and creating the feel of the Big Easy, Toulouse is one of the most intricate and ambitiously built restaurants in a generation. Our expansive menus offer culinary diversity and range from traditional Creole and French Quarter menu choices to traditional Parisian and French countryside preparations to more innovative dishes that are entirely unique to Toulouse. At Toulouse we are tremendously committed to offering value in all of its various forms, which includes our intricate and texturally rich decor, cuisine prepared with discipline and skill, fabulous cocktails, a diverse Northwest and French centered wine list, unrepeatable and unique people, and accessible prices in an adult escapist and community environment.
Reviewed 14 August 2017

If you love creatively delicious, Creole fare in a lively* atmosphere, this is your place! I recently had the pleasure of having breakfast again at Toulouse Petit while visiting Seattle for a day. (I was staying with family in Bellingham, 80 miles north of Seattle and made the 160 mile round trip JUST to eat at what has become one of my favorite restaurants!) I have a great love for southern food, particularly, that which can be found in New Orleans and Charleston. Toulouse Petit was a welcome surprise and my first experience during lunch gave me no choice but to return for breakfast the very next day.

Now for the food! I cannot recommend the following items enough:
Dungeness Crab over Fried Green Tomatoes with a Tarragon-Chive Ravigote
Crawfish 'Beignets' with Pepper 'Chow Chow'
Fried Oysters and Bacon Benedict
Spicy Shrimp Creole and Eggs over Creamy Grits
Cauliflower Soup with Dungeness Crab, (which includes warm asparagus, white truffle oil and creme fraiche)

Any of Toulouse's specialty cocktails are a pleasure to enjoy as well, In my experiences, their bartenders have been very accommodating, creating custom libations upon request. I hope that anyone reading this review will take the time to visit and love Toulouse Petit as much as I do!

*The atmosphere is quite beautiful and transports one straight to Nola but it isn't a quiet one. It's walls will echo back at you with conversations, laughter and good times.

1  Thank hotrats51
Write a ReviewReviews (1,372)

Reviewed 14 August 2017

From start to finish our visit to Toulouse Petit was fabulous. I had a gumbo starter and a fish and grits main. I'd never had southern-style cooking before and this was a great start. The waitress was so pleasant and helped us with all our beers etc.

My husband had a burger which had so many fries with it! It was a little spicy for him but he ploughed through.

For pudding my friend had beignets and she was super-happy with them. I had pecan pie. I couldn't finish the lot and had to take it away in a box. For which drunken me was very happy the next night :D

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We arrived without a reservation and were seated promptly at a not-very-desirable table. Shortly after, we were moved to a booth. That was a real plus. Good service and atmosphere. We greatly enjoyed the Cajun-style lamb burgers -- until the next morning. They went through us a bit too fast! Could have been something else, but unlikely.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped by for breakfast after disembarking from a cruise ship. French press coffee was wonderful. The eggs Benedict with fried oysters and bacon was really delicious. Starting with a small beniget plate is highly recommended. Our party of four really enjoyed the whole food and atmosphere experience. Service was excellent as well.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Busy restaurant with high noise level but he food was worth it. We're Santa Barbarans rendezvousing with British friends traveling through Canada on holiday. We wanted to take them to a dining experience within walking distance from our hotel. They'd never had this regional food so it was a logical choice. We got a booth for our group of 6 (including 2 twenty-somethings). The service was initially brusque but our not knowing the routine may have been part of the problem. I was surprised they have only 2 New Orleans-region beers. The food was good and spicey. The Brits were impressed and we all enjoyed it. Our dishes included the blackened rock fish, seafood gumbo, lamb burger, mussels/clam/shrimp creole court bouillon. Too much food to leave room for dessert.