“Wilderness adventure close to home”
Review of Hyak Ski Area

Hyak Ski Area
Ranked #204 of 418 things to do in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular ski area located in Washington's Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest.
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Our first trip to the mountains was to the http://www.parks.wa.gov/winter/trails/?TrailType=nonmotorized&Region=3&Park=16

Parking was a bit of a pain but being prepared and knowing to be patient and possibly having chains makes a big difference.

Once parked We had a blast. We took the trail up away from most of the people and things were just serene. Very kid friendly everyone was being slow and careful of the little ones.

We can't wait to go back.

1  Thank MattK485

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Great little place to cross country ski or go snow shoeing. The first hill is wicked just to get to the trail. So, if on cross country skis, just take them off and walk up. The trail was serene, beautiful and so quiet. HIGHLY recommend. Anyone can snow shoe. Just get the poles when you rent the snow shoes.

2  Thank ILLV
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My holiday was ruined. January 1st 2013 I came with my family 1st time to the snow in Washington state. That day was announced free parking for carpools with 3 or more people.

However, the park employee did not let us get in, because parking lot was full. Did not explain another options on this area, even I was driving car with California licence plates. After driving around for avail, we found another little hill for the sliding. In couple hours our friends call us, and sad, that parking is available. We came to the Hyak parking lot. Same person, who turn as out, told us, that place will be closed in 8 minutes, but we have to pay $30.00 parking fee, because we entered to the parking lot, other wise we have to pay the fine. Me and my wife decided to get the seasonal pass they charged us double price of listed, without clear explanation. This was my first experience with Washington state parks. I don't know, if I want to come there any more, or recommend it to my friends.
Sincerely Eugene.