“Good service does not make up for the poor quality of food”
Review of Super Buffet Seattle - CLOSED

Super Buffet Seattle
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese, Seafood
Description: Super Buffet Seattle - All You Can Eat Chinese Buffet Seafood Buffet Restaurant.
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This place has potential if they took the time to put more effort into their cooking and to actually taste what they serve to people. They have a large variety, but lacking in execution and a waste of products. Food handling is questionable. The manager was attentive to address our concerns even to the point of bringing out a fresh plate of lobster for us.

We arrived at dinner time, shortly before 6pm. The place was not busy, for a buffet at dinner time on a Saturday night, this was not a good sign. As we checked out the buffet tables, some of the food looked like it had been sitting out too long. My son had some fried rice, he said it was dry and crunchy like it had be sitting out too long. The manager came by to check on us, and we sent the plate of fried rice with him. His excuse, "there is now fresh rice just put out, the stuff you had a little bit ago was left from lunch..." What a horrible excuse to continue to serve stuff that was left from lunch, 6 hours ago drying up under the heat.

My husband had the lobster, and had to spat it out because it tasted like dish soap. There were all kinds of seafood at one of the steam tables, everything from crab, lobster, snails in shells, shrimp, crayfish, salmon, clams, mussels and oysters on the half shell. I tried the crab legs, they were no good, I picked out a nice big pincher leg, but inside of it was practically hollow with a tiny bit of meat. My aunt had the baked salmon and she said it was decent.

As the evening wore on, more dishes were being replenished. The noodles and vegetables dishes were edible and did taste decent. The sweet sticky rice wrapped in banana leaf was decent.

I ventured over and took a photo of the Sushi table, but did not eat anything. The camera took a better photo than what it looked like up close. The rice in the sushi rolls were on the dry side and the fish, some type of pasty red fish was on top of the California rolls. Nothing was glistening like fresh ahi, everything looked pasty.

The low light of the night was finding a big grasshopper/critter in the washroom stall of the women's washroom. I took a photo of it and show the manager. He said it wasn't a cockroach, only a fighting grasshopper that got into the restaurant from outside.

We will not return to this place, if you decide to try it out, eat at your own risk, you've been forewarned.

Date of visit: November 2013
2  Thank LoveGoestbread

Reviewed 16 June 2013

My wife decided after a long day sightseeing that she felt like going to a Chinese buffet. The food that was there was surprising that it was included in a buffet, crawfish, frogs legs and crab were on the menu. My only concern was that it wasn't too busy and I didn't know how long the food was sitting out before we arrived. It seemed reasonably clean and we didn't get sick so it must have been ok.
Prices were very good and the staff were attentive.

Date of visit: June 2013
1  Thank ChrisfromTO
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I went to this Super Buffet in Seattle in the Northgate area last week with friends. I was the one who suggested this place because I have seen some positive reviews. But I found the food at this place truly horrible. The so called "Peking duck" was just one tiny, quarter coin size of meat in between two pieces of steamed buns with a swap of bean paste on it. They probably can make 100 of those with just one duck. The so called "lobsters" were all empty shells -- one can't help wondering where they bought lobster shells in bulk. All there other dishes are like "highway side Chinese food." The vegetables are all overcooked, yellow, and mushy. I didn't find a single dish that was made with any mind in it. The only thing that is decent there might be the fruit jellies -- at least you know what they are, and if you call that "food." You will get better food at any regular Chinese restaurant than this. The price, for this quality, is very high. They should charge people &7.99-9.99 for food like this.

Date of visit: September 2012
3  Thank Susan D
Reviewed 22 August 2012 via mobile

What a gear value! Lunch is 8.99 and more good choices than you can eat. Dim Sum and other Cantonese dishes, excellent sushi as well. It's located on Northgate Way across from the mall. I'm not a fan of buffets but this is an exception for fresh Chinese.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I was shopping at Target and Ross when I got hungry and decided to check out this place. The place was clean, the server was prompt in bringing me my drink but the food was bland and did not taste good. I already had low expectations as I know how buffet foods can be, but this place really went way below that. Although I was still hungry, I did not go back for seconds and did not finish the food I got on my first round. The food choices were very limited, did not look very appetizing, and you pay extra for your soda (I paid the same amount at another buffet restaurant and got a free drink). I went during lunch time so I am not sure what their dinner buffet is like. The place is located across Northgate Mall so it's convenient for those who are shopping there and willing to try this place. I will only come back here if I have absolutely no choice.

Date of visit: February 2012