La Hacienda Motel
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Hotel room was older but very nice. Staff was friendly and the grounds were clean. Very nice location. We also liked that there was an indoor pool for the season and that it was open late (until 10).
Would definitely come here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised. I've definitely stayed in a lot worse, especially considering this is a motel in the industrial district. They outside had some nice charm to it, with a bit of white facade that looks pretty nice. The front desk clerk was really nice and polite, and though there was a deposit due that I hadn't expected, it was quickly returned.

The room itself was pretty nice, and everything seemed very clean. It smelled fresh, a little like bleach, but on the whole we felt comfortable and safe here.

There's a microwave in a mini fridge, and we got free water when we checked in. All in all, very nice.

There were a few downsides. I'm pretty sure I booked a queen, and what we got was a full bed. A little smaller than we were expecting. The sink is also in a weird place, so that I couldn't bend over it to wash my face because the towel rack was in the way.

I think the most notable downside, though, was the noise. You could hear road noise in early morning traffic, along with honking and revving engines. There's also a high-pitched whistling noise that happens anytime someone takes a shower, so if your neighbors are early risers, they might wake you up.

The bed was terrible. Very, very uncomfortable.

While the check-in clerk was great and very polite, the guy at the desk while I was checking out was rude and dismissive.

This is definitely the best price we could find in the area, especially at late notice, and we were pleasantly surprised with our stay. Judging from the reviews, it looks like other people didn't have the same experience, but we liked it for a one night stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2017

We stayed one night with our family. When we opened the door the room smelled horrible and it was as if they poured a bottle of pine-sol on everything to cover the smell. The bathroom was dirty and the overall feel of the room was disgusting. The next morning we checked out and was only gone a short period of time when I realized we left earrings and wedding ring on the table by the bed. I called immediately and told them we were on our way back. When we got there the room had been "cleaned" and the cleaning ladies told me there was nothing left behind. The actual lady that cleaned the room acted as if she could not speak english but funny she understood EVERYTHING I was saying to her and she finally held up the earrings I had left. Funny that they had those but did not have my wedding ring. We went to the front desk talked to the manager that was nothing but RUDE and she even walked out on us while we were talking and slammed the door. The cops were called and responded and the cleaning ladies story was that they found my earrings in another room and that those people had checked out shortly after us and must have somehow gotten into our room and took my stuff. They had plenty of time to come up with a story to tell the cops. I will blast this hotel everywhere that I can and will do all I can do to keep people from staying in this retched place!!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ruruackerman
Reviewed 26 September 2016

No frills, low cost don"t expect to be pampered. If you need a bed and a shower and don't care for any extras this is the place. Had low expectations to begin with so I wasn't disappointed in the real deal. Absolutely no bells or whistles, but at this price, what would you expect in a large city.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2016

If you aren't extremely choosy and can handle a urine smelling room for one night, take a chance. You might get a better room than we had. Saw through open doors, others and they were larger and roomier; one had what looked like hardwood or laminate floors. Towels stained. Pillow case stained. We sucked it up and stayed the one night. Will never return. Breakfast "offered" but it's over by 9:00am. So no sleeping in;not that you can anyway with the traffic noise.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends