2,249 results
All reviews bookstore bar spa suite pike place market wine hour pioneer square seattle art museum boutique hotel front desk staff ferris wheel happy hour mini bar bottle of champagne few blocks an upgrade wonderful hotel we've stayed king room
Reviewed 1 November 2016

I've been staying at the Alexis Hotel since I proposed to my fiance in 2005 and we are now bringing our two year old daughter with us. An excellent kids activity pack was provided upon check in which was an unexpected pleasant surprise! Inner Circle amenity was executed perfectly, as usual! Location is perfectly situated between Pioneer Square and Pike Place Market.

Stayed: November 2016
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Looks like we have found another Alexis fan for life!! I am thrilled to hear you have been part of our Alexis family for over 10 years that is amazing! Here is to another 10 great years!

Reviewed 31 October 2016

If you want a dated hotel, worn in many parts and catering to the millennial demo, this may be your place. It's got a great location just a few blocks from Pike Place and easy to grab an Uber to most locations downtown if you opt not to walk. The fitness center occupies two rooms on two different floors which is odd. It's got great weights and flexibility equipment, but might be a bit light on the cardio. The rooms are worn down a bit with dirty desks, dusty curtains and older bathrooms. The apartment tower is a bit better, but the furniture feels like it's perfect for a Victorian foyer in Savannah rather than hip Seattle. A few of the hotel staff was great, but others felt like it was just a job to them. The lobby restaurant could use more training too. In full disclosure, the people in our group that were under 30 years old, enjoyed the hotel more.

Room Tip: Apartment tower is newer.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for your review Marc I am glad that you enjoyed our great location right in the heart of downtown Seattle! We do have two fitness facilities on site as we know the workout regimen is important to our guests and we want to make sure we have an active space for when it is a little gloomy outside for our guests to make it out. We know everyone has a certain prefrences for their hotel and we hope you can find one of our other Kimpton hotels right up your alley to stay in the family.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

My recent business trip to Seattle got off to a rough start. I had an uncomfortable stay in another hotel, checked out the next morning and walked down to the Alexis. Half way there, I stepped into the crosswalk (I had green right of way) and had an "incident" with an Audi Q7 - I went down hard. When I walked into the beautiful Alexis lobby, I looked as if I'd been reenacting Fight Club - blood streaming down my hand and my wrist damaged. Mark at the front desk sprung into action producing first aid supplies, a list of the nearest urgent care facilities, and just generally getting me patched up (physically and mentally) so I could continue my business trip.

When I officially checked in to the hotel and got to my room at 7pm that night, I was blown away by my awesome, huge suite, hand written note asking how I was doing, and bottle of wine with cheese and crackers.

I think it's important to convey this to the TripAdvisor community because, yes, the hotel is beautiful, comfortable, hip, fun, clean, in a great location, everything you've come to expect from Kimpton properties. But what truly separates the Alexis from the pack is staff like Mark and an approach to their profession rooted in treating guests like family, not like just another paying customer. They don't just say they care, they actually care. You can see it. You can feel it. It makes a business trip feel less cold and a pleasure trip feel like you have genuine support helping you have the best experience possible.

I'm grateful that there are people like Mark in the world, that Jenne and her entire staff at the Alexis deeply care about what they do and how it impacts others, and that Kimpton has maintained a commitment to doing things in their unique, superior way.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with the entire Trip Advisor community. I am so sorry to hear about the accident that happened but I am so happy to hear Mark sprung right into action and was able to assist in any way we could. I hope everything has healed after you left us. Mark is one of our superstars on our team here at the Alexis and we could not do what we do every day without each one of our team members they truly are the best in the city! Hope to see you again on your next business trip.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

My husband and I had never been to Seattle before so picking a hotel online is difficult. We looked online at every hotel out there and decided on the Alexis hotel. We choose it because it was priced in the middle of the expensive and economic. I am so happy we choose this hotel!! The service was outstanding! When we arrived to the beautiful hotel the lobby was amazing and cozy. Shante at the front desk greeted us after a long day of travel it was nice to see a welcoming smile:) We gave her our names and she said Happy Anniversary to you both your room is ready...I put you in one of my favorite rooms for your anniversary. (On my reservation I had mentioned we were traveling there for a weekend anniversary getaway). We stayed in the ballerina suite...and it was breathtaking. Great views of the bay, had a living room, dining area and seperate bedroom. The bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows were great. The room featured 2 TV's and small fridge (stocked if you wanted to buy anything) and snacks for purchase.

The first evening there the concierge sent us up a bottle of champagne and chocolates with a nice handwritten note from Lara our conciege:) Was a very nice touch.

They have a restaurant as well on premise called the Bookstore. It is a very quaint restaurant/lounge with great food! Nice chance to grab a beverage and unwind...service was excellent and bartender was excellent at banter!

In summary if you are shopping online for a hotel in Seattle....this one is in a great location! Within a short walk to bay and the market. Convenient to get to downtown...so location is the best. It also has fantastic rooms and great customer service!! You will feel like a celebrity when you are there!! This hotel will exceed your expectations on every level....HIGHLY recommend.

Room Tip: Ballerina suite was amazing
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie D

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us at the Alexis! Sounds like you had a great anniversary stay and you were also staying in one of my favorite rooms. I am thrilled to hear Shante and Lara took great care of you and made you feel so special for your stay. We all hope you can come back and make this an annual tradition.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Everything was great and anything we needed the hotel was happy to accommodate. Room was beautiful, food was delicious, and hotel is located near everything we could need or want. I will definitely stay at the Alexis again when I return in the future.

Room Tip: Deluxe will give you more room
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Looks like we might have found a Alexis fan for life! Thank you for posting such a rave review about your stay. We do have a great location right in the heart of downtown Seattle close to all of the top destinations our guests want to visit.