All reviews coffee shop in the lobby free happy hour drinks charge a resort fee cancelled the booking espresso machine parking garage next door big name hotels free wine and beer great location undergoing renovations love seat lovely boutique loved this hotel updated hotel small bathroom the main shopping area frequent traveler
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As solo traveler i am so concern about hotel location and hotel Theodore just a perfect choice for me. I am happily walked around this area and enjoyed the near by restaurant. Hotel is quite clean and staff has acknowledged my present most of the time. Thank you

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Roving825526, Director of Guest Experienc at Hotel Theodore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the great review Cruiser63550025119,
Love that you are a solo traveler. Our Housekeeping staff takes great pride in our room cleanliness, appreciate your acknowledgement towards them. We all look forward to your return to us!

Reviewed 8 November 2018

The location of this hotel is excellent. As a woman travelling alone, I appreciated the comfortable environment surrounding the hotel into the evening.

The room I stayed in was on the smaller size, the bathroom in particular but it was plenty of room for one person. I enjoyed the fridge and expresso machine.

Room tip: I was content with a room on one of the lower floors as but. I imagine that the view from an upper floor might be more appealing.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Roving825526, Director of Guest Experience at Hotel Theodore, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi kwhelton,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience while staying at Hotel Theodore. Happy to read that you found your room, amenities and the neighborhood comfortable. Please be aware that we offer an array of room size options so feel free to speak with us before your next booking and we will assist in getting you into the perfect room.
Cheers,

Reviewed 6 November 2018

I was on a trip to Seattle with my wife for 5 nights and booked a room through Hoteltonight. The rates on Hoteltonight were at least $30 cheaper than what they were offering on their website.
On Hoteltonight the room was showing 240 sq ft which was not the case. We were put in a 175 sq ft room for 5 nights, as you can imagine we kept bumping into one another. When I went to speak to the front desk they told me there is no GM on the property. I then asked for the next person to contact and was given the Front Office Manager. I sent him an email since, he was gone for the day (Jarred [-]) I never got a response. I then went back to the front desk to ask for the corporate email and was told "They are based out of Portland anyways" This was the actual response of the concierge woman working that night. I ended up getting the email from online and sending an email to the corporate email. It's now November 6th (10 days after I checked out and I STILL HAVEN"T GOTTEN A RESPONSE! I wanted to give them time for a response but clearly there is a huge lack of leadership and accountability at the property which needs to be addressed. I thought corporate would perhaps contact me - guess not. This is the hospitality business, clearly this hotel does not "get it". Save your money and stay somewhere where the guest is appreciated.

Date of stay: October 2018
Roving825526, Director of Guest Experience at Hotel Theodore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Hello Odyssey816731,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. What you have described is not indicative of our service culture at all and I do apologize that this was your experience. I am in the process of attempting to look up your contact information to reach out to you personally. In the meantime, feel free to reach out to me.
sean.anderson@hoteltheodoreseattle.com
Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2018

The hotel looks freshly renovated from top to bottom - clean and fresh. Staff was friendly and efficient at check-in/check-out. Really enjoyed the apperitivo hour in the gorgeous reception area (seating is limited - arrive early). There's a serviceable coffee shop in the lobby (but we preferred walking a block away to Anchorhead for our caffeine fix). It's an older building with two smallish elevators, so sometimes there was a bit of a wait.
Our room (king-size) was comfy and quiet. The two bedside spot-lights built into the headboard were awesome for reading. Smallish closet, but roomy enough for us. Nice assortment in the mini-bar, and fairly priced. Happy with the bathroom - good shower pressure, nice toiletries. Sink was quite small though.
We had a good meal at Rider. They were changing their wine selection, so there was a bit of confusion there. Food was quite good.

Room tip: We were quite happy with 1202 - was very quiet. Looked across the road toward the Hyatt.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Roving825526, Director of Guest Experience at Hotel Theodore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2018

Hi giromondo,
Thank you for sharing your Theodore/Rider experience. Excited to read that you had a great experience. We are an older building that recently went through an extensive renovation. We are all proud of the finished product and to your point, it shows with our engaged staff. Really look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 30 October 2018

perfect central location with many interesting areas and good restaurants. We will stay there again.It seems outrageous that you would attempt to demand my comment be a certain length. I stated repeatedly we liked the place.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Roving825526, Director of Guest Experience at Hotel Theodore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Hello Pioneer776519,
Thank you so much for spending time with us. We look forward to your next visit with us. I will look into our review parameters. This does seem to be a bit of a glitch. Thanks again Pioneer776519!