2,541 results
All reviews free beer craft beer happy hour record player miller's guild great location rooms are small honor bar hip hotel fun hotel cool vibe every evening attached restaurant within walking distance enjoyed my stay business trip space needle
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Upon checkin we found hair in the shower. There was stuff already in the toilet. The rooms were horribly small. Do not expect to sleep well because the beds are hard. The air conditioner does give out hot air so expect to be cold. Since they are privately owned and not a chain do NOT expect any help from them. Oh I forgot I got yelled at by the valet guy because I parked in an unload/load parking. I parked there there because I was checking out and it was in front of the hotel. The front desk person said they have problems with him speaking clearly. Lastly we were a group for a wedding and our rooms were to be split. They said no problem, we received a receipt stating the rate we should be charged then we were doubled charged. Good- restaurant attached is good. But is not worth the hotel stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2018

This hotel had a great deal which included valet parking and a $30 daily dining credit at Miller's Guild. (Downtown Seattle parking usually runs $35-$65 per night.) The staff and valet was very friendly and professional. The room was small and the shower even smaller, but it was very clean and comfortable. The in-room safe was big enough for a wallet or a small purse, not large enough for a laptop.

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived and the valet offered to charge my Tesla, which saved me a trip to a supercharger. Would definitely stay here just for this service.

There was free coffee in the morning in the lobby. The location of the hotel was central to shopping and restaurants. 10 minute walk to Pike Market.

Room tip: Room 401 has no view and air handler noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank alleychow
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Hotel Max is a hip, cool hotel with excellent service. The rooms were larger that I expected, and the staff was on point in customer service. Staff assisted in finding us drivers to a destination wedding that was far outside of the city. Best morning coffee bar - ever. Lovely bar too.

Reviewed 3 November 2018

On day 5 of 7. Staff have been mostly super nice but my room didnt get serviced for the first two days and the mini bar hasnt been properly restocked at all. The power outlet in the bathroom doesnt work with either my own or the provided hair dryer which makes things tricky in the morning and I've had no feedback about that since i reported it two days ago. I only found out tonight that room service existed from the restaurant next door which would have been helpful information from the beginning but there was no information provided until i heard someone else mention it at reception. All that said i dont find the room as small as what others have mentioned, the bed is super comfy, the noise not noteworthy and the whole vibe very pleasant. The room was spotlessly clean, the location was spectacularly central and the afternoon happy hour is a nice touch. Tea/coffee making facilities in the room would have been great. I'd stay again and would recommend it.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank NicolaH1212
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel in a decent part of town, short walk from Pike Place, Space Needle etc and super close to Westlake station so convenient for the airport. Beer hour is great (free beer for an hour) and just what you need upon arrival. Decor is pretty cool. No coffee in room but you can get free coffee in the lobby in the morning. Small bathroom, kinda the only give away that this is an hotel that’s been done up to look modern

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jim P, General Manager at Hotel Max, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Hi there,

The Max is a historic hotel built in the 1920's with a focus on local art, music, food, and of course craft beer & coffee. Come back and visit us again when your plans bring you back to Seattle. We are ready!