“After many pleasant stays...”

Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle
Ranked #14 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver, Canada
“After many pleasant stays...”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We have stayed at the Vintage Park many times and the service is consistently good. The staff are friendly, whether you are talking to the parking valet or the Front desk personnel. The rooms are clean and have a great ambiance, the location is very convenient to walk downtown or to all the great restaurants in the area. Tulio's restaurant on the ground floor is super for dinner or breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 March 2012

This cozy boutique hotel is wonderful!
The rooms are clean and comfortable, staff friendly and helpful.
The serve wine in the lobby from 5-6!

Tulio's the restaurant in the hotel is delicious!

Room Tip: I was on the south side and its quiet!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I'm currently staying at the Vintage Park. I've had many stays at other Kimpton properties; in comparison, this one is fine but not distinctive. I did appreciate that my room was available when I arrived around noon (I had notified them of my early arrival when I made the reservation, but certainly wasn't counting on it).

For the most part, my room is fine. One pro: One can open the windows, which is a rarity and something I really appreciate.

However, there are 2 notable cons:
1) I have appreciated that Kimpton hotels typically don't charge utterly extortionate prices for items in their mini-bars (ie, the prices might be double the retail cost of the items, rather than 4-5x the retail cost). However, mini-bar prices at this hotel are definitely on the higher end.

2) I paid extra for a "Corner King Deluxe" room, which should be the nicest aside from the much more expensive suite at the hotel. Why is the bathroom so ridiculously small--so much so that it's not as functional as it ought to be? This is something I've noticed at a number of Kimpton hotels. Did I just get unlucky and get the 'premier' room with the awful bathroom? I hope not, since I'm a frequent Kimpton customer. Perhaps someone who works for the hotel will comment--should this happen again in the future, should I request a different room? Or are they all equally badly laid out? If they're all different, why do I seem to so often pull the short straw and get a less than desirable room, when I am a frequent business traveler who stays at Kimptons at least 1x/month on average?

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Kate3671
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Dear Kate;
Yes, you received our King Corner Room which is one of our nicest rooms. Kimpton is know for the restoration and renovation of historic buildings, like ours. We do our best to make the most of our space and the natural historic flavor of the buildings. At times the bathrooms do get the short end of the stick, I will admit. Our 04 rooms have a tremendous view of the Seattle Library which is one of Seattle's greatest attractions, actually noted in the latest Travel and Leisure Magazine!

What we lack in square footage, we do try our best to make up in sincere, genuine guest connection and exceptional service. Our front office supervisor actually saw your posting and frustration last night on line, as our entire team cares and reads what our guests write. I believe she sent a personal note to see if there was anything else we could do to make your stay more pleasant. All the best to you and again, we hope to see you back with us in the future. Warmest Regards, Sandy Burkett, General Manager
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I like this hotel. It's small, cozy, and comfortable. The staff at the front desk is exceedingly friendly and very competent.

There is an evening wine reception from 5:00 to 6:00 in the lobby, accompanied this time of year by a nice fire in the fireplace. I was upgraded to a King Premier room, which had a full size sofa and armchair, a small desk, and a flat screen TV in addition to the king size bed. Check out the closet for animal print bathrobes! A nice perk for members of the Kimpton InTouch program is a "Raid the Mini Bar" card for up to $10 worth of your choice. Unfortunately that doesn't buy much at the mini bar prices. One downside to this and most really nice hotels is no in-room coffee. However, morning coffee service is available in the lobby... along with a big fire in the fireplace.

Tulio is a pleasant Italian restaurant providing service to the hotel. The food was delicious and service was very good (Efren). Especially notable were the orecchiette with spicy Italian sausage and a scrumptious pork shank that falls off the bone. I felt bad because there was no way I could eat it all. Definitely a highlight of my stay.

One minor downside - I was a bit surprised that I could still hear traffic on the 10th floor. Not enough to affect my sleep, though...

I'll be back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Brian M
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I booked this hotel to try something different. I have mainly been a Hilton guy and was curious to see what Kimpton had to offer.

Finding the hotel (I came straight from SEA-TAC airport) was extremely easy, it was a 1 minute drive off the expressway, and has a nice vertical sign spanning several floors of the facade.
They have a full valet service $35 for in and out rights. Across the street is a parking garage for self park, but I think it is close if not the same price.

I took an earlier than expected flight and was several hours before check-in time. The front desk was able to accommodate me and placed me on floor 3.

The room was smaller than I was used to, but very nice quality. My view was an alley with a parking garage. Cars were parked on the same level as the hotel window, so I had to pull my blinds to ensure privacy. Free wireless access in the room with a Kimpton account.
I went down to the lobby to work by the fireplace. They have a few couches and places to sit. This is meant to be a lounge more than a work environment, but it worked out fine.
Between 5-6pm they have free wine tasting in the lobby. This is quite popular, as there wasn't a spot to sit down it was so crowded.

I wandered out for dinner with some colleagues and almost any direction you walk, you can find restaurants. The location for this hotel was the best part.

After dinner I crashed out and woke up around 1am to a dog barking. The hotel must be pet friendly. The barking went on for quite some time. After that, every noise seemed amplified...ice makers, doors slamming (they have no mechanism to stop the door from slamming...it seemed like everytime a door slammed the entire walls shook). I would take advantage of the free wine, so you can hopefully be smashed enough to sleep right through the night.

The morning came and I walked by the restaurant inside the hotel. It was not overly crowded, but busy. It smelled good, but I didn't have time to stop.

I would say this hotel is average, but does boast a great location for walking distance to many attractions.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank trifocal3
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Trifocal3;
Thank you for taking the time to share your overall experience with the readers of this site. I do want to apologize that you had spent time sleepless in Seattle while with us, as our goal here is that you are able to rest and rejuvinate while in our beautiful city. I always encourage our guests to alert the staff if there are any disturbances during their stay. It is better for us to know so that we can address a noise issue, this will ensure that all of our guests are able to rest comfortably, (You may be doing your neighbor a favor) you certainly will be helping us help you. I hope you reach out to me ahead of your next trip to the city so that we can make this up to you. All the best until then. Sandy Burkett, General Manager, Vintage Park Hotel