“Sorrento Historical Gem!”
Review of Hotel Sorrento

Hotel Sorrento
Ranked #21 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I and three of my colleagues had the pleasure of staying at the Sorrento on a recent business trip. Although we only had a one night stay in Seattle, I must say how please we all were that we had chosen the Sorrento. Whether speaking of the room condition, staff, amenities, fitness area or our dining experence at the Hunt Club the first word that comes to mind is "Class"!
It truely is an architectural gem that has been tastefully moderenized to meet all your needs and at a price that is reasonable. I would not hesitate to recommend the Sorrento. Well done and thank you.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
SamJohnsonSr, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Thanks for the positive review, I am glad that we were the right place for you to stay during your business trip. Come and see us again soon! My best, Sam Johnson

There are newer reviews for Hotel Sorrento

Reviewed 25 January 2012

We have stayed here several times because of the hotel's proximity to medical facilities and it is such a welcome respite. The staff is just wonderful and always accommodating from the front desk to housekeeping. Their beds are just wonderful and I always sleep better than at home.
I love the french press coffee in the rooms along with the extra thick towels and bathrobes. The furniture is starting to show wear a little, but is still comfortable.
The fireside room is a wonderful place to unwind and the bar is a true classic that is hard to find these days with its warm, wood interior and always incredible bartenders and wait staff.
This is my favorite hotel in Seattle.

Room Tip: The junior suite is a highly recommended upgrade from the standard rooms.
1  Thank Northwestlady
SamJohnsonSr, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Thank you so much for your review of the hotel. I am glad that we have been able to provide you with a relaxing experience as you visit the local medical facilities. Come and see us again soon! My best, Sam Johnson

Reviewed 20 January 2012

This is probably the best hotel I have ever stayed at. The service was fantastic, the decor charming, the prices very reasonable.

Room Tip: The corner suite is awesome!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thanks so much for your review. Come and see us again when you need a break from the cold and snow in Minnesota! My best, Sam Johnson

Reviewed 18 January 2012

A friend took me to the Sorrento's Fireside Room for drinks on one of my visits to Seattle, so I knew I wanted to stay there when I visited again. This time, I met my sister from Montana (I'm from California) for a three-day weekend for her January birthday. We both loved the vintage feel, character, and elegance of the 100-year-old hotel. The Fireside Room, where we had wine each evening, paneled in original mahogany and filled with comfy furniture is warm and inviting. Our birthday dinner in the hotel's Hunt Club restaurant was excellent, and the waiter remembered to put a candle in my sister's dessert as I had requested earlier. Our room with two queens was fresh and lovely, the beds, loaded with pillows, wonderfully comfortable. The staff was friendly and efficient, especially the maintenance man, who fixed our TV channel problem immediately, and concierge Kody Kidd, who quickly answered all my pre-visit questions. If you like a smaller, historic hotel, a warm, friendly atmosphere, and elegant accommodations, you'll like the Sorrento. I'll go back for sure on my next trip to Seattle.

Room Tip: Ask the concierge waht you want and need.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

We appreicate you taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. We cannot wait for you to return! My best, Sam Johnson

Reviewed 18 January 2012

The Sorrento Hotel exceeded my expectation in every way. From the moment I checked in I knew this was going to be a lovely visit. It is so nice to stay at this hotel. The concierge/driver staff ensured I reached my destination in time for my meeting. The bell staff was excellent. The front desk staff was friendly. Additionally, I loved that the hotel staff emailed me a head of time to ask for any preferences and more importantly, they honored my requests. The room was lovely.

I also appreciated that the hotel manager followed up with me to ensure my stay exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: I stayed in room on the 6th floor because I did not want to hear the street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thanks for sharing your comments in a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us! My best, Sam Johnson