4,416 results
All reviews waterfront room water view beatles suite gas fireplace train noise claw foot tub cruise ship city view teddy bear victoria clipper space needle puget sound elliot bay water front seattle waterfront ferris wheel valet parking
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Our city-view room was nicely appointed, but so small there wasn't room for a nightstand on both sides of the bed. As I write this, my coffee cup is precariously perched on an arm of the wall lamp. We did enjoy the nice decor, cozy fireplace, cute teddy bear, and friendly staff, the good restaurant and bar with a great view of the water. But on the city side, the view is nothing special, and there's noise from the busy street and train track.

The hotel has most of the "must-haves" - great housekeeping, magnifying mirror, coffee service, bathrobes, reading lamps, mini fridge, hair conditioner. There's no dressing mirror.

The main reason for my "average" rating is the price. There are other nearby hotels with bigger rooms and better prices. Parking is MASSIVELY overpriced at $43 per night. Just go across the street to the parking garage and it's $10.

Advice--If you can't get a waterfront room, then stay at the Ace Hotel up the street, and come down to the Edgewater for drinks at the waterfront bar, or a sunrise breakfast with spectacular views.

Room Tip: Water side rooms are best; city side rooms are noisy and lack a view.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Benjamin T, Director of Rooms at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Dear Beachwriter1,

From everyone here at the Edgewater we want to thank you for choosing us for your stay! We thank you for sharing your experience here, especially the views and décor that you were able to see! We apologize you for the price of the parking. Seattle unfortunately has limited parking and majority of hotels charge in the $40 price range. We understand the frustration of these added costs which is why we strive to provide the best service we can! We do hope you return to the property again as we would like to go above and beyond to ensure you forget about issues you faced!

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Despite its’ outside appearance, the Edgewater Hotel is truly one of beauty with open fires, wooden beams, beautiful furniture and a well situated restaurant providing views across Elliot Bay. The hotel is well situated allowing freedom for those who enjoy walking to explore Seattle. Lifts along the flat promenade take you to higher areas of town giving greater freedom. It is also ideally situated for cruise terminals.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Benjamin T, Director of Rooms at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear anneneil,

Thank you so much for the kind words and great review! We are very lucky to service guests like yourself and excited you enjoyed your stay! It is truly and honor to share our beautiful hotel with you. We cant wait until we see you again!

Reviewed 7 December 2017

I grew up and spent most of my life in Seattle. The Puget Sound with it's beauty and wonderful smells (my husband disagrees) is woven in through out my life experiences. The location and view from your hotel is outstanding. Everything was clean & smelled good. Your restaurant leaves a lot to be desired. At dinner you have to stand outside until exactly 5:00 pm while the staff languish around a table right in front of you drinking wine and having a meeting. My husband is handicapped and that didn't seem to matter. We sat in the bar for awhile and then were left standing at the entrance. We asked if we could just be seated - No...I have already described the check-in disaster and the state of my eggs. Denny's restaurant can baste eggs hard without a tough skin. Waitress was wonderful as was the gift shop gal.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Lin O,

From everyone here at the Edgewater we want to thank you for choosing us for your stay. We want to apologize for the issues you faced during your stay that led to such a bad experience. I have shared your review with the staff to ensure that the issues you faced do not happen again. Please let us know the next time you are in Seattle so we can ensure that we take extra special care of you!

Reviewed 5 December 2017

We are just a tad smitten with the Edgewater :) Maybe it was the company, but we both agree on a return trip. Enjoyed a relaxed, upscale (without pretentiousness) stay. Watching the Hawks game in the Lounge, cozy fireplaces to warm us up, delicious food and very comfortable room. Claw footed tub was over the top. Gracious staff,and Location... Not inexpensive, but if you want to spoil yourself?

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Benjamin T, Director of Rooms at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear Schuyler M,

Thank you for the kind words you've bestowed upon both our staff and property. Hospitality is something we are all very passionate about and we are happy that translated to such a great experience for you!

Sincerley,

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Chose this place because it's pet friendly and for the views. Stayed for three nights. One night in room 124, then moved to 142 because we wanted a view farther from the docks. Room 142 was much better and we liked the furniture in there better too. The seats by the fireplace were deep leather chairs.

We also stayed at the Four Seasons on this trip, during Thanksgiving. Pros and cons to both.

Pros: Loved the view of Seattle skyline. Got to watch a Seahawks game and listen to the roar of the fans from our balcony. Really enjoyed the fireplace, great ambience and heat. I liked stand up showers in my room in general. Room was on the first floor and we were literally on top of the water. Great gift shop. They have a coffee shop. Valet is quick. View, views, views.

Cons: Not as close to the shops and restaurants as other hotels. The walk isn't too bad but when the weather is miserable it's not great. Also you have to trek uphill which might be a problem for some people. If you want to run in and out to take your dog for a relief break there's not really a place to take them quickly. There's a park a few blocks away but when it's rainy outside you might have to make due with flower beds.

It's hard to compare Edgewater to Four Seasons. The service at Edgewater felt a little off to me. I called to see if my room was ready and they gave me the boilerplate spiel about check in time but when I asked them to check the person then saw a room was available. I didn't have great service at the front desk but I also didn't have bad service. It was just okay. Whereas Four Season's service was outstanding. If you want to be pampered and have the convenience of close shops and restaurants, Four Seasons is great. If you want a unique stay over the water with excellent views and the lovely ambience of an upscale cabin, Edgewater is pretty amazing.

Also they have a bear footstool which I adore. Adds to the charm of this place.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear peg c,

From everyone here at the Edgewater thank you for staying at our property. We also want to thank you for taking the time to provide us valuable feedback. We apologize that you did not receive the outstanding service that we expect for all of our guests. Please let us know the next time you are in Seattle so we can ensure that we provide you with a better experience and take extra special care of you!