“What a view”

The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #38 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Chose this place because it's pet friendly and for the views. Stayed for three nights. One night in room 124, then moved to 142 because we wanted a view farther from the docks. Room 142 was much better and we liked the furniture in there better too. The seats by the fireplace were deep leather chairs.

We also stayed at the Four Seasons on this trip, during Thanksgiving. Pros and cons to both.

Pros: Loved the view of Seattle skyline. Got to watch a Seahawks game and listen to the roar of the fans from our balcony. Really enjoyed the fireplace, great ambience and heat. I liked stand up showers in my room in general. Room was on the first floor and we were literally on top of the water. Great gift shop. They have a coffee shop. Valet is quick. View, views, views.

Cons: Not as close to the shops and restaurants as other hotels. The walk isn't too bad but when the weather is miserable it's not great. Also you have to trek uphill which might be a problem for some people. If you want to run in and out to take your dog for a relief break there's not really a place to take them quickly. There's a park a few blocks away but when it's rainy outside you might have to make due with flower beds.

It's hard to compare Edgewater to Four Seasons. The service at Edgewater felt a little off to me. I called to see if my room was ready and they gave me the boilerplate spiel about check in time but when I asked them to check the person then saw a room was available. I didn't have great service at the front desk but I also didn't have bad service. It was just okay. Whereas Four Season's service was outstanding. If you want to be pampered and have the convenience of close shops and restaurants, Four Seasons is great. If you want a unique stay over the water with excellent views and the lovely ambience of an upscale cabin, Edgewater is pretty amazing.

Also they have a bear footstool which I adore. Adds to the charm of this place.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Benjamin T, Director of Rooms at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Dear peg c,

From everyone here at the Edgewater thank you for staying at our property. We also want to thank you for taking the time to provide us valuable feedback. We apologize that you did not receive the outstanding service that we expect for all of our guests. Please let us know the next time you are in Seattle so we can ensure that we provide you with a better experience and take extra special care of you!

Ben Thomas, Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (3,971)

Reviewed 5 December 2017

I have stayed at this hotel several times and each time is better than the last. This time our room faced the water and included a claw footed tub and a cozy fireplace. The lobby is one I actually want to spend time in, and I am not alone. There is a wonderful community of folks there enjoying the view and the warmth of the lobby space. The highlight of my experience this stay was being served by Ali in the hotel restaurant for breakfast. From the moment she approached my table she radiated happiness and confidence. She made me feel like the most important guest in the dining room and was attentive to my every need. I struck up a conversation with her after I had finished and she shared a little with me about her purpose in life to share and spread kindness. What a wonderful way to start my day! While visiting with Ali, Frankie, the restaurant manager stopped by my table and we had a wonderful conversation as well around the book I was reading. I so enjoyed the authentic conversations I was able to have with both Ali & Frankie and will add this to the many reasons I hope to visit this hotel over and over again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the water side of the hotel are quieter. A train runs close to the hotel on the opposite s...
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Benjamin T, Director of Rooms at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear JNM613,

From everyone here at the Edgewater we want to thank you for choosing us for your stay. We understand you have many choices and are lucky to have the opportunity to service you! Our property has enormous history and we are so happy we got the opportunity share that history with you! We are so grateful you enjoyed your stay and do hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 4 December 2017

We loved every minute of our stay and the 12:00 check out was great for our staycation. We loved the view from our first floor window and we were able to feed the seagulls from our room and have breakfast in our room in front of a great little fireplace with a view of the water.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Pamela M,

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in Seattle and stayed at the Edgewater. What a treat! From the beautiful lobby decorations, cozy room with fireplace (nice touch on foggy morning) every detail was there. Jenna at the front desk was so pleasant, and it was nice for Richard in housekeeping to help us into our room. Evenings in the lobby after the end of a great day in the city we’re so relax. Wonderful stay, we will definitely return!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Katydid92,

Reviewed 4 December 2017

We had a lovely weekend downtown in December at the Edgewater Hotel and recommend it for proximity to shopping, the Pike Street Market, and the waterfront. The food at the hotel was wonderful and the staff all very friendly. If you are bothered by train noise, don’t stay on the street side of the hotel, however!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Debbie B,

On behalf of our staff, allow me to thank you for taking time out of your day to review our property. We strive to provide a memorable guest experience and were happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay!