MarQueen Hotel
US$491
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
1,256 results
All reviewsno elevatortin lizzieseattle centercafe ladrospace needlequeen annecontinental breakfastsitting areafull kitchenapartment buildingsmall apartmentold charmfirst flooryogurtacross the streettoulouse petithardwood floors
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The Marqueen's entrance is truly lovely and their staff was as helpful as we could have hoped-valet was so quick. My grown kids and I loved the old, converted apartment building feel, and the beds were very comfortable. My husband, who joined us a couple days in, hoped for an amenity or two more such as an elevator, or a hot tub for soaking, or a wine hosting more than one night a week so we could have enjoyed it while we were there...maybe a touch of modern to make the historic a bit more comfortable. The breakfast is very simple, but well stocked and very tidy. Bagels, fruit, yogurt, and some instant oatmeal but no milk that I saw. Coffee was very good, fonte is one of our favorites in Seattle.
We loved the easy, walking access to so many types of restaurants and entertainment.
The only complaint I would have is the maid service appeared to be a little less than 100%. We were there for three nights, and spilled crackers on the floor in the kitchen the first night. They never got cleaned up that I saw, and the kitchen floor was sticky the whole time, in one particular spot I seemed to find every time I walked in there (albeit rarely).
I didn't rent the room for the kitchen, so I wasn't too concerned, but that's the type of thing that makes me then wonder about how thoroughly the bathroom gets cleaned.
The other thing I keep noticing in hotels lately is that many do not provide any counter for your toiletry bag. A little glass shelf above the sink isn't enough, it doesn't hang on the door, and there's no way I am putting it on the floor. So then what do I do with it?...keep it in the other room, which is very inconvenient. Small problem, but functionality needs addressed just a little.
My husband didn't think it was one he would want to stay in all the time. I think I would for the right price. We stayed at another, higher end boutique hotel right by Pike Street recently and dollar for dollar, the Marqueen was much nicer and the staff won, hands down!

Room Tip: View rooms are sort of pointless, at least on the second floor I discovered after asking for something with a view if they had it. You are looking down on a busy street, not a panoramic view of much. But the other side of the hall may be looking at a concrete wall, so street is better!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jacqso
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed at the MarQueen in early November. It is just up the hill a few blocks from the Space Needle and if you walk through the park you pass through the old grounds of the Worlds Fair of 1962 called Seattle Center with the International Fountain & the entrance to the Monorail which goes 1 1/2 miles to downtown to Nordstroms and other transportation such as the last stop of the metro which comes from the airport and buses. You can use the bus system to get to the Boeing Museum of Flight that is out by the SeaTac airport. It is also walkable to go down the hill to the Waterfront, Pikes Place Market, and the original Starbucks which is across the street from the market. There is a store that makes its own cheese, a number of bakeries, and fruit stands on the way down the hill. We left from one of the piers on the Clipper to Victoria to stay a few days.
The Hotel is an experience in that you go back in time to an earlier day. It has quite a history. Don't expect it to be modern, but do expect comfort, cleanliness, quietness, and privacy. We did stay long enough to use the kitchen facilities but it would have been convenient. The sitting room was small but comfortable & we spent time there planning our trip, using our computer to make reservations and finding information. The lobby and staircase are gorgeous and the desk help and bellhop were cheerful, friendly, helpful and informative. They can give you directions! Yes, there is no elevator but the stairs aren't that bad and they helped us carry the suitcases up. The breakfast is basic but just fine. The lady helping to set it up was very friendly. We took a couple of granola bars for the road after having morning coffee and tea. You could have bagels, oatmeal, toast, fruit, etc. There is a coffee shop/bakery next door that has more if you want it. The Mexican restaurant across the street is excellent and not overpriced. It's a "hoppin' place" on the weekends because of the bar attached and there was a line to get in. Probably quieter during the week. We stayed in the back of the hotel which was very quiet but there isn't a view since there is a painted mural brick wall in the back.
The price of the hotel is a real plus since at the time we booked it was the off season but only about $135 a night. We enjoyed our experience and had wanted to stay in a historic hotel that was accessible to the sites.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dustermomke
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This place does everything right! It was fun to step back in time in this beauiful old building. and the staff could not of been friendlier. We were celebrating a birthday and they made us feel so very special. The place is nice and clean and such a surprise when you find that you have a kitchen, and sitting room included with your room of two beds. The only draw back is there is no elevator. If you are on the upper floors be prepared to take the stairs. Oh but what beautiful stairs! Walking down the stairs make you feel like you are the bride!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Grandjlee
Reviewed 6 November 2011

My husband and I were visiting our daughter for our first trip to Seattle. The room was very large. It was on the street side of the first floor and I really didn't encounter a noise problem. It had a nicely appointed kitchen and a very large bathroom It also had a sitting area with couch and easy chair that made it perfect for entertaining my daughter and her boyfriend. . the staff was excellent. Any thing we asked for was taken care of quickly and professionally. The only negative I have is the continental breakfast was nothing special. There are numerous excellent restaurants close to the hotel so that really wasn't an issue. We definitely plan on staying here again on our next visit to Seattle.

Room Tip: There's no elevator so if stairs are an issue, stay on the first floor. Street side rooms have tons of ambient light and are large and pleasant.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank retiredteacher55
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Fantastic Queen Anne location surrounded by restaurants with lovely views. Hardwood floors and old porcelain tubs, spacious rooms and suites, friendly and helpful staff. Not for you if want all modern cookie cutter chain rooms. Sound proofing for quiet nights means no fresh air. Room service from nearby 10 Mercer wonderful, great breakfast across the street at Pepe's and Toulouse Petit.

Room Tip: Southwest corners have wonderful views. Useful to upgrade to a suite for a reasonable amount.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business