All reviews front desk room was clean exercise room bagels morning staff continental breakfast fresh fruit breakfast area first floor very nice hotel cracker barrel staff was very friendly interstate atlanta inns sink exit
Reviewed 5 December 2017

As a Gold Elite member, I trust the Marriott hotels, but my husband and I were very disappointed in this property.
After an 8 hour drive from Ohio, we were ready for our comfy Marriott room.
Issue 1. We were given room #133...the last room on the first floor next to the stairwell and the exit outside. For HOURS people were coming and going from the rooms on the upper floors and using the stairwell. With every opening and closing of the door, the door would SQUEAK, and SQUEAK and SQUEAK! Folks were going outside to smoke and of course when they came back inside the hotel we could smell the cigarette smoke in our room. Hard to rest with that.
Issue 2. There a very small vanity area with a sink. The sink took forever and ever to drain. Gross
Issue 3. The carpet had not been stretched and there were areas where the carpet was lifted. Being that I have some mobility issues, I had to be careful not to stumble.
Issue 4. My husband used the restroom in the lobby and the toilet did not flush.
Issue 5. Stained bed skirts.

I will not stay at this property again until it has been upgraded. There are many other hotels in this area to choose from.

Room tip: Avoid the rooms by the stairwell.
Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SueSue783
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Housekeeping needs to do a better job of removing hair and stains. Double beds were comfortable. Shower was hot. Furniture in lobby needs cleaning. Property is convenient to shopping and dining options.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Booked my room thru Hotels.com earlier in the week. Normally get a King room, but only choices were Double Extended or Handicap so I chose DBL Extended which cost about $20 more than Handicapped, and I Pre-Paid....I don't care for low beds & furniture and all the bars in the shower handicapped offers. I got to my room, opened the door and it smells like body odor, I looked around and it's not the double extended with a sofa bed but instead a Handicapped room. I called the front desk and was told this was their absolute last room available. Since I had just got into town about 9pm everyone else had checked in and someone else had preferred the room I booked over this one so they didn't hold it for me, even though it has been paid in full.

The bathroom has absolutely no vanity, no place for toiletries, no place to put hair styling tools, not even a place to leave your toothbrush & toothpaste out.

This is not like any Marriott Quality I have ever experienced, and I am a weekly business traveler. Out of over 100 hotel nights this year, this is the first time I've complained about the quality of the hotel. I feel like this is what you expect from a Motel 6, Rodeway or a Quality Inn. Not a Marriott brand.

For the record I am a Marriott Rewards Member, a Hilton Honors Member, a Starwoods Preferred Guest, and an Omni Gold Level Member.....I got all those levels because I am away from home so much and use those hotel chains. So from experience I know this room does not meet most travelers expectations. Who wants to stay in a room that stinks and a woman can't even fix her hair or put on makeup because Fairfield is too cheap to put in a normal vanity. The one here looks like one from a public bathroom in a fast food facility.

But all that aside, I expect to get what I paid for. I did not. However, since I am also a Gold Premier with Hotels.com, and I called to tell them of the situation, they did give me a gift certificate for a discount on a room to use in the future. Fairfield did NOTHING expect leave me in this stinky room I didn't book and keep the extra money I paid for my original room.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Fenil N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Hello Ada B,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review in regards to your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Kennesaw.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the room type. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Kennesaw.

Regards,

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped here on our way to Nashville, and always trust the Marriot brands and have stayed in many Fairfield inns.

This one however was not up to our standards.

The room we got 218 - had a lot of road noise, the shower bar was loose in the wall and almost fell off as you tried to move the shower curtain and the towels were very rough and not absorbent (must be old).

Also, a common issue with Fairfield is the breakfast seating areas. The food was ok, but there never enough seating for breakfast at Fairfield.

I recently stayed at a Best Western and Holiday Inn Express and they both had large breakfast seating areas that made it very easy to get a seat.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Rich D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I sincerely apologize for falling short of expectations. We strive to ensure every guest has an enjoyable stay and will utilize your feedback for improvement.

Regards,

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Just about everything in this hotel needed updating. There was no AC or it was broke in the breakfast area. Carpet in the entire hotel needs replacing, the rooms have mildew or mold. Bed was comfortable at least and the location is good.

Date of stay: September 2017